Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/20/2022 1:44:12 PM EDT
I'm taking a road trip for work and it has me going through Nashville. The question is, should I take 24 through Nashville or take 155 around?

This will be Wednesday anywhere from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

I'm guessing it's like most cities where it's a crap shoot, but interested in local opinions.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 2:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
At those times barring a wreck I would probably just push thru downtown on 24. You could check TDOT smartway map before you get to the 155 exit and see what traffic looks like.
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 3:11:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 8:30:21 AM EDT
[#3]
Watch google maps.   During that time you may be ok.   If downtown starts backing up, Briley/155 is your answer.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 3:33:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 7:51:47 PM EDT
[#6]
155 has less stress.  I never go through town anymore unless I absolutely have to.  However - any of the stress you avoid in Nashville will just reincarnate itself between Nashville and Clarksville…. Typically after you get back in 24 and start running good… then total heartbreak until about exit 4.
Link Posted: 6/26/2022 9:53:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Fly
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 9:49:52 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
155 has less stress.  I never go through town anymore unless I absolutely have to.  However - any of the stress you avoid in Nashville will just reincarnate itself between Nashville and Clarksville . Typically after you get back in 24 and start running good  then total heartbreak until about exit 4.
View Quote
That's where 41 comes in handy.  Even w/ all the stops and lower speed limits, it is an easier drive during peak "talladega times" on 24.
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 10:20:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 8:06:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Well since you're spilling the beans where are the fish biting at??
Be advised though 41 goes through some vibrant and sporty neighborhoods
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That's where 41 comes in handy.  Even w/ all the stops and lower speed limits, it is an easier drive during peak "talladega times" on 24.

I've got a feeling that @Prae is referring to 41 from Briley North to Clarksville --- to avoid touching I-24W.  Most all of that is rural.
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:19:08 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/29/2022 1:24:36 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Typically they're biting in the water  

Yep.  I'm talking about 41 from Cville to Briley.     Unless you like Bordeaux .LOL

Link Posted: 7/1/2022 10:04:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm taking a road trip for work and it has me going through Nashville. The question is, should I take 24 through Nashville or take 155 around?

This will be Wednesday anywhere from 11:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.

I'm guessing it's like most cities where it's a crap shoot, but interested in local opinions.
View Quote

As much as Nashvillians want to be a big city with all the trappings and problems, coming from Atlanta I laugh when locals complain about traffic.

The biggest problem with metro Nashville is the interstate layout.

You have to exit off the interstate you want to stay on to stay on the interstate you want to stay on.

Make sense?

Yep, clear as mud.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top