Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/30/2020 7:18:04 PM EDT
Best place to rent a winter cabin in  PA?  I was a kid when my parents rented one in (Snow Shoe?) PA.  It was awesome!  The roads were closed due to ice.  We hiked to the top and rode our runner sleds down at 35-45 mph with sparks coming off our runners crossing the ice-free spots.  I want my kids to experience that.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 12/30/2020 9:50:57 PM EDT
[#1]
I like Cook Forest in the winter.. or any time, quite frankly. Not a lot going on but that’s why I like it. I believe there are some cabin rental options through the winter there.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 3:57:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I have a camp near Prince Gallitzin state park, Flinton, PA 16640. There’s usually cabins available but not sure with Covid. Miles of snowmobile trails. Glendale Yeararound.
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:34:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Do you ski. Blue knob has cabins for rent on the slopes. If you want bars etc to go to seven springs. If you just want to chill you can find that

Not sure what part of the state you are looking to stay but airbnb or vrbo is good to find place some Laurel highland options

https://www.golaurelhighlands.com/places-to-stay/vacation-rentals/
Link Posted: 1/6/2021 8:36:45 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a camp near Prince Gallitzin state park, Flinton, PA 16640. There’s usually cabins available but not sure with Covid. Miles of snowmobile trails. Glendale Yeararound.
View Quote

Prince gallitzin state park has cabins right on the lake by the marina. Stayed in them for a wedding before as there is a venue right down the road. Reasonable prices as well
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top