Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Utah
Posted: 3/8/2018 4:47:08 AM EDT
I would rather not drive all the way up to SLC.

I am looking for a shop with a really good selection of suppressors that also takes the fingerprints and passport photos for you and handles all the paperwork.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 9:16:05 AM EDT
[#1]
I've went through Get Some in Orem a couple times and they did a good job.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 10:59:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've went through Get Some in Orem a couple times and they did a good job.
View Quote
I have also purchased 3 cans from Get Some in Orem. The last two I ran all over town comparing prices and they beat everyone.

They were running a 15% off in stock cans promotion though, I don't know if they still are or aren't.

(I was bummed they wouldn't let me take 15% off a Maxim 9 otherwise I would have one of those pending now as well.)
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 1:13:11 PM EDT
[#3]
Does Get Some do the fingerprints and photos for you? I bought a suppressor from them several years ago on a trust and they submitted the paperwork via snail mail even though the electronic filing system was available at the time (for trusts and corporations). Not knocking them, but the turnaround could have been faster.
Link Posted: 3/8/2018 3:52:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Does Get Some do the fingerprints and photos for you? I bought a suppressor from them several years ago on a trust and they submitted the paperwork via snail mail even though the electronic filing system was available at the time (for trusts and corporations). Not knocking them, but the turnaround could have been faster.
View Quote
They can do it for you, I had them do it for me because I didn't want to drive back to SLC to get it done free with the local PD.

If you know you are going to buy you could always take cards and photos with you in triplicate and have them mail everything right then.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 12:29:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
They can do it for you, I had them do it for me because I didn't want to drive back to SLC to get it done free with the local PD.

If you know you are going to buy you could always take cards and photos with you in triplicate and have them mail everything right then.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Can you get the fingerprint cards and do it yourself at home? That would be way more convenient.

Do you need a separate set of fingerprints and photos for each stamp if you buy multiple items at one time? (I'm guessing you do.)

I bought one suppressor on a trust back before 41p but that was a different process. I'm going to go the individual route this time because now with 41p the trust is more of a hassle and they notify the sheriff either way so there is no longer any advantage to using a trust.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 2:00:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Can you get the fingerprint cards and do it yourself at home? That would be way more convenient.

Do you need a separate set of fingerprints and photos for each stamp if you buy multiple items at one time? (I'm guessing you do.)

I bought one suppressor on a trust back before 41p but that was a different process. I'm going to go the individual route this time because now with 41p the trust is more of a hassle and they notify the sheriff either way so there is no longer any advantage to using a trust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The fingerprints have to be administered by someone authorized by the state. Most local police departments will do it for you for free if you are a resident of their town. The "passport" photo you can absolutely do yourself. I found a website that lets you put in a photo size it correctly and then they format it so you can get 4 photos on a 4x6 photo which you can get printed at walmart for like 25 cents.

I believe they will also allow you to take the paper work stack and get it finished up yourself but Get Some really doesn't like to. They think everyone is going to mess up the paperwork and then get mad at them if it gets kicked back which I can see as a fair concern.
Link Posted: 3/9/2018 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Gunnies has a Silencer Shop kiosk for doing prints. You upload photos from an app on your phone.

You can also order from Silencer Shop and pick it up there without transfer fees.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 12:35:37 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Gunnies has a Silencer Shop kiosk for doing prints. You upload photos from an app on your phone.

You can also order from Silencer Shop and pick it up there without transfer fees.
View Quote
Cool. I like Gunnies for small parts I don't want to wait for. They have a little of everything.
Link Posted: 3/10/2018 2:31:49 AM EDT
[#9]
I like Gunnies a lot but moved to SLC before they got their SOT.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 12:13:16 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't think I'll ever go back to paper form 4's after using the Silencershop kiosk at Gunnies.

They were even able to put a Silencerco suppressor into the system and I processed it that way.
Link Posted: 4/18/2018 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I don't think I'll ever go back to paper form 4's after using the Silencershop kiosk at Gunnies.

They were even able to put a Silencerco suppressor into the system and I processed it that way.
View Quote
Silencerco and Silencershop finally made peace a few months back
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 4:35:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The fingerprints have to be administered by someone authorized by the state. Most local police departments will do it for you for free if you are a resident of their town. The "passport" photo you can absolutely do yourself. I found a website that lets you put in a photo size it correctly and then they format it so you can get 4 photos on a 4x6 photo which you can get printed at walmart for like 25 cents.

I believe they will also allow you to take the paper work stack and get it finished up yourself but Get Some really doesn't like to. They think everyone is going to mess up the paperwork and then get mad at them if it gets kicked back which I can see as a fair concern.
View Quote
Sorry for bumping an old thread but I have a question about this.

How does Get Some Guns or Silencershop's Kiosks do the fingerprinting without someone physically present on behalf of the state?
Link Posted: 11/25/2018 9:13:11 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

How does Get Some Guns or Silencershop's Kiosks do the fingerprinting without someone physically present on behalf of the state?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As I recall the guy who did my prints was an off duty cop or some such, not exactly sure how the state certification system works though.
Page Hometown » Utah
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top