Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2022 3:29:31 PM EDT
My cousin recently moved here from Iowa and she needs to get her truck inspected.   I know theoretically all inspection stations should be the same but real world they are not. She took it to one and they told her it was going to take 3-4 hours and she didn’t have that kind of time.
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 4:08:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
My cousin recently moved here from Iowa and she needs to get her truck inspected.   I know theoretically all inspection stations should be the same but real world they are not. She took it to one and they told her it was going to take 3-4 hours and she didn't have that kind of time.
View Quote

There used to be a place just but down Page from 170 going west, that was a drive through type joint...

You pull in front, inspect, pull out the rear, very fast.

They don't do any repairs, so you know if they flunk something, its not to sell you repairs..

I took all my vehicles and my charter trucks there for years, never any issues...
Link Posted: 8/6/2022 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#2]
You can try the jiffy lube type places as many times the do inspections.   Can be hit or miss how busy they are and who is working.    Law changed recently on when inspection is required so it may have cut down on how many are done and demand.  

I have never had issue on inspection that was not legit.   I would make sure all the lights work, tires good, and wipers blades are good breaks have pad left before it goes in.  

Link Posted: 8/8/2022 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/9/2022 9:25:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

There used to be a place just but down Page from 170 going west, that was a drive through type joint...

You pull in front, inspect, pull out the rear, very fast.

They don't do any repairs, so you know if they flunk something, its not to sell you repairs..

I took all my vehicles and my charter trucks there for years, never any issues...
View Quote

I've used them, and you're right, they don't sell any repairs or services, so they don't have a dog in the right. It is first come first serve, so late month the lot gets interesting with folks waiting
http://www.speedemissions.com/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top