Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2017 10:33:47 PM EDT
I'm going to be in Toronto the 25th for the Leafs/Habs game.  I'm staying in a condo on Bremner Blvd.  Suggestions for the best places for dinner (I'm not worried about cost)?
Link Posted: 9/16/2017 7:24:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 7:57:34 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By TacticalConcepts:
https://torontolife.com/food/restaurants/downtown-toronto-financial-district-best-restaurants-right-now-momofuku-the-chase-miku-canoe/

Enjoy Toronto! its a zoo down there pal! leave your guns at home and keep your head on a swivel like you should on every large NA city.

Mark
View Quote
I have reservations at Canoe that evening and looking at doing their tasting menu.  I've heard that its a zoo.  I should be in town right before rush hour starts and head out at around 8am.  I know all to well about leaving my guns at home.  I got put in secondary in NB for being a smartass to a CBSA supervisor about my guns.  Long story.  I'm kind of disappointed that the pre-season games are at the Ricoh, but oh well.  I definitely will have my head on a swivel as my little francophone and I will be wearing Habs jerseys.
Link Posted: 9/18/2017 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2017 11:10:47 PM EDT
[#4]
The more and more I've read on Toronto, I think I have a better plan. Drive directly to YYZ after my meeting on Monday, drop the car and ride to train from there to union. Then the train back to the airport in the morning. To hell with all that crazy traffic.
Link Posted: 9/24/2017 2:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/26/2017 8:53:03 AM EDT
[#6]
Didn't make it up there yesterday  Missed my early flight, and couldn't get a flight into Toronto or anywhere near it.  Sold my hockey tickets for half price, got half my Airbnb money back so it wasn't too horrible.  My plan now is to come up on Thursday and find something to do that evening.
Link Posted: 9/30/2017 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#7]
So, dropping the car at the airport and taking the UP express was a great move. Stayed on Ice Boat Terrace near that park with the huge fishing bobbers. Ate at Canoe and it's not too shabby. We did the full tasting menu and pairing.  Our waiter was top notch and cool as hell. He hooked me up on my bill too. Charged me for the 5 course and he didn't charge me for our cocktails, so his tip reflected that. I highly recommend the place. We went to the Cactus Club for a couple drinks and it was too busy and uppity for us so we went down the street to the Speakeasy 21 and had too many bieres. It was a long trip to the airport Friday morning.   Toronto is a great city and I can't wait to go back. I don't want to drive though. The place kinda reminds me of NYC, but a lot cleaner and with nicer people.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top