Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/3/2021 1:12:12 PM EDT
I’m from IN but spend a lot of time up here .

Seriously Cannot locate decent / Good biscuits and gravy .

I hop sux , Antique Kitchen meh , Mar jos ( which we like ) bad for B n G , Buckys cafe decent food but crap bng .

New place today . Full city Cafe . List on online menu but at restaurant turns out they don’t even offer B n G .

I think it’s a Southern thing that most Yankees just don’t get .

The ones I make are the best I can find .
Link Posted: 4/3/2021 2:35:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Crow's Nest used to have good Biscuits and Gravy.  Haven't been there in a long time though.
Link Posted: 4/7/2021 8:44:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Have you tried Cracker Barrel?
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:42:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Have you tried Cracker Barrel?
View Quote

it closed permanently after they kept having uncontrollable outbreaks of salmonella
https://www.fox17online.com/2018/12/01/kalamazoo-cracker-barrel-closes-permanently-after-salmonella-outbreak-investigation/
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:33:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Most of the hillbillies that moved to Michigan to work in car plants left decades ago.  Hazel Park, Waterford and everywhere downriver served that food.  Thank god they all went home and we can get back to cereal or TimBits for breakfast.  Long story short, you are unlikely to find authentic southern food this far north.  It is a historical fact the south lost the war due to their shitty food.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:02:09 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Most of the hillbillies that moved to Michigan to work in car plants left decades ago.  Hazel Park, Waterford and everywhere downriver served that food.  Thank god they all went home and we can get back to cereal or TimBits for breakfast.  Long story short, you are unlikely to find authentic southern food this far north.  It is a historical fact the south lost the war due to their shitty food.
View Quote

That ain't Michigan...that's Detroit.

Get North or west of I-69 and into Michigan, and every greasy spoon and diner has Biscuits and Gravy on the Menu.
Chain slop chutes' not so much.

Link Posted: 4/10/2021 3:20:42 AM EDT
[#6]
OP, google up "Crows nest". It's on Westnege.

Also look up "Ninas" on State street. It's kind of a rough looking area, but the place is clean, and the chow/Service is always excellent.

Both are pretty good. We like Ninas better.

If Nothing else, Theo and Stacy's does OK...not great, but OK.

If you get West of the Zoo, holler.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:37:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Arlene's Truck Stop
4647 W Columbia Ave, Battle Creek, MI 49015

I don't live in Battle Creek but I drive all the way over their for breakfast sometimes.

https://www.facebook.com/ATSbattlecreekMI.exit92/
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks all for the help / reply’s .

Pretty sure Theo n Stacey’s is permanently closed .

They had Great Gyros .  We used to know Elliot . Good people .
Link Posted: 4/17/2021 11:08:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Almost forgot...

Speeds Coffee shop in BC.
(it's owned by kin..they used to do decent B&G)

I totally forgot about Theo and Stacy's, and we went to the last ever Greek fest.
Getting old SUX.
Link Posted: 4/23/2021 1:22:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Poor Richard's Cafe used to be awesome.
Link Posted: 6/9/2021 7:04:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I’m from IN but spend a lot of time up here .

Seriously Cannot locate decent / Good biscuits and gravy .

I hop sux , Antique Kitchen meh , Mar jos ( which we like ) bad for B n G , Buckys cafe decent food but crap bng .

New place today . Full city Cafe . List on online menu but at restaurant turns out they don’t even offer B n G .

I think it’s a Southern thing that most Yankees just don’t get .

The ones I make are the best I can find .
View Quote

https://rykseco.com
Link Posted: 8/2/2021 10:46:25 AM EDT
[#12]
Roosters Call is amazing
Link Posted: 8/3/2021 10:49:10 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

That ain't Michigan...that's Detroit.

Get North or west of I-69 and into Michigan, and every greasy spoon and diner has Biscuits and Gravy on the Menu.
Chain slop chutes' not so much.

View Quote

Most greasy spoons around here have biscuits and gravy.

Something about Lumberjacks.
Link Posted: 8/7/2021 12:44:40 AM EDT
[#14]
Update .

Last weekend I made it over to the Dig in Cafe . Augusta .

I will say tha the biscuits n gravy were the best I’ve had recently from a restaurant .

Not better than mine but very edible and I’d order again . I’m a picky  one on my B n G .
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top