Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2023 6:25:24 PM EDT
I moved here over 10 years ago, but still haven't opened up a local bank account.  The bank that I've been using just pissed me off enough to get me to change banks.  What are the best options in the area?

I only need a personal checking account for the time being.  I have savings with a non local credit union that I will be keeping.

It looks like PNC has a number of branches and ATMs in the area.  Any reason to avoid them?
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Members 1st Fcu hands down
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 10:51:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Abrenneman:
View Quote

Thanks!  They definitely have branches close to me.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 6:08:05 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Bravo_Six:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

I bought them in as a dealer in Harrisburg in maybe 2008-2009. 2 years later moved to Lancaster and brought them with. Didn’t have many branches then our way but since have built many.

I used lots of lendors including credit unions and theirs was always the best. (Other than psecu who you have to be a state employee to use) and everyone always mentioned how pleasant they are. So I switched my banking there in probably 2012.

I’ve since referred a lot of people, I should get a fee hah jk!

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 7:59:38 AM EDT
[#4]

I bought them in as a dealer in Harrisburg in maybe 2008-2009. 2 years later moved to Lancaster and brought them with. Didn’t have many branches then our way but since have built many.

I used lots of lendors including credit unions and theirs was always the best. (Other than psecu who you have to be a state employee to use) and everyone always mentioned how pleasant they are. So I switched my banking there in probably 2012.

Best of luck!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Best of luck!

I applied last night, so you can add another notch.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 8:18:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I moved here over 10 years ago, but still haven't opened up a local bank account.  The bank that I've been using just pissed me off enough to get me to change banks.  What are the best options in the area?

I only need a personal checking account for the time being.  I have savings with a non local credit union that I will be keeping.

It looks like PNC has a number of branches and ATMs in the area.  Any reason to avoid them?
View Quote

Centric?
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:58:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Good move on joining PSECU.  Anyone can join now.  They are open to everyone.  The only negative is that there are limited physical branches.  

Members First is a great choice also if you have the need to use brick and mortar branches.
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 9:39:55 AM EDT
[#7]
I am all set with Members First accounts.  Thanks for the help!
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By rc2:
Good move on joining PSECU.  Anyone can join now.  They are open to everyone.  The only negative is that there are limited physical branches.  

Members First is a great choice also if you have the need to use brick and mortar branches.
View Quote
2nd the motion on PSECU.
Their credit card has a Yearly Interest rate of - believe it or not - 9.9%.

I only know of two branches though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top