Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/19/2021 1:29:42 AM EDT
Wife and I just moved to the Georgetown area (Sun City), last April. Where are some good places to find decent seafood?
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 3:38:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Trulucks, Quality Seafood, Freda's, Pappadeaux
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:49:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Wife and I just moved to the Georgetown area (Sun City), last April. Where are some good places to find decent seafood?
View Quote

I'm not really a big seafood person but believe it or not, I've heard a lot of good things about Deckhand Oyster Bar at 500 Parker Ave.  That's in Round Rock just off Louis Henna (SH45).
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 10:54:55 AM EDT
[#3]
Salt Traders in Round Rock.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:47:09 AM EDT
[#4]
I've had fantastic Ahi at Wildfire in downtown Georgetown, not sure that meets the definition of "seafood restaurant".

Not a big fan of Gumbo's on the square, it was better when it was in North Austin (IMHO).

Pappadueax's is good but expensive.

If sushi is your thing, I've been going to Junai 2 in North Austin (near the old Frys location). They have a nice all you can eat deal with lots of options. I also enjoy Iron Fish sushi in Pflugerville.

I'd skip Springhill in Pflugerville, it's not as good as I remember the southwest Austin locations being. But then catfish isn't really "seafood" :)

Captain's on I-35 used to be a great place of oysters, it's called "Captain Benny's" now and seems to have been bought by a Houston outfit.

In for more seafood recommendations.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Oh, I know a lot of people who like FD Grill on N IH35 near the PVille exit (247).  It used to be Fish Daddy's, and more seafood orriented, but they've expanded their menu.  I've eaten there a number of times and had the shrimp and steak surf-n-turf and it was pretty good.  I just don't eat cold fish (catfish) or anything with scales.  Shrimp, crab, lobster, stuff like that is OK.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 2:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I second Quality Seafood @ Airport & 290

It ain't an overpriced Papadeu's deal, it's a market/restaurant, you're not paying for all the foo-foo.

If you like a catfish place you can't beat Catfish Parlor, one of my favorite places to eat when I get in Austin for a minute. There's one in Georgetown too.
Link Posted: 9/19/2021 11:54:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I appreciate all of your suggestions and we plan to check them out. Not a sushi fan but definitely looking for a place that serves good seafood, such as oysters, shrimp, flounder, red snapper, tilapia, etc.
We definitely love catfish and trout, as well

Catfish Parlor in Georgetown has decent catfish.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:14:10 AM EDT
[#8]
Trulucks, Freda's, Pappadeaux, Roaring Fork, French Quarter Grill
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for Deck Hand's. Great oysters and I also love the Salt and Pepper Calamari. Po boy sandwich for lunch, or Coubion for dinner.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 5:56:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Not fancy, but Louisiana Longhorn Grill in downtown Round Rock is awesome Cajun food.  Great grilled, blackened and fried (my least favorite) fish, shrimp, crawfish, oysters and more.  I recommend blackened catfish etouffee or a fish dinner like blackened snapper with one of their topping sauces on a bed of rice.  Great gumbo, too.  And, then there is the bar with hurricanes, zombies and the like.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 8:21:18 PM EDT
[#11]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I appreciate all of your suggestions and we plan to check them out. Not a sushi fan but definitely looking for a place that serves good seafood, such as oysters, shrimp, flounder, red snapper, tilapia, etc.
We definitely love catfish and trout, as well

Catfish Parlor in Georgetown has decent catfish.
View Quote

Since childhood I can make myself sick on Catfish Parlor Hush Puppies and Jalapeno tartar sauce
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 10:11:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not fancy, but Louisiana Longhorn Grill in downtown Round Rock is awesome Cajun food.  Great grilled, blackened and fried (my least favorite) fish, shrimp, crawfish, oysters and more.  I recommend blackened catfish etouffee or a fish dinner like blackened snapper with one of their topping sauces on a bed of rice.  Great gumbo, too.  And, then there is the bar with hurricanes, zombies and the like.
View Quote

I like Louisiana Longhorn, but I always get either the Shrimp Po-Boy or the Muffaletta.  And some Abita beer.  Wish they had Dixie too.

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:17:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Louisiana Longhorn is great.  I doubt I’ll darken Pappadeaux doors as long as LL doesn’t slip up.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 11:30:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Salt Traders in Round Rock.
View Quote

My fave!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top