BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/1/2021 12:47:58 PM EDT
Planning a trip for my kid's birthday.

Any suggestions on the area?

UPDATE MAR17:

Thought I'd share how our trip went.

We did two nights at the Courtyard by Mariott, primarily because they advertised an indoor pool, and spent one day at Sea World.

Hotel was full with folks just like us but did not feel overly crowded. The pool was actually indoor/outdoor so the indoor portion wasn't significantly warmer than the outside but it was warm enough the kids didn't mind the outside pool. Two hot tubs that we only got in briefly. Pool saw a lot of action, especially in the afternoons.
Good number/variety of restaurants/fast food within 2 miles of the hotel.

Sea World was much more crowded than I anticipated as their online system required not just tickets but also reservations. Weird but ok. Didn't make a difference as everyone was packed in there. Several things were closed...reportedly for covid...like the kids playground.

We did get the all day dining deal but they made money off of us because we only ate once due to the crazy lines. We got there right at open and ate first thing, which was the best call of the day.

All in all, kids enjoyed the trip...and reinforced that they really only care about swimming in the pool...but they were able to see stuff they wouldn't normally.

Thanks for all the suggestions!

Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:18:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio SeaWorld/Westover Hills

https://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/satcw-courtyard-san-antonio-seaworld-westover-hills/

My family stayed there when they came down for my wedding.  No complaints.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Courtyard by Marriott San Antonio SeaWorld®/Westover Hills

My family stayed there when they came down for my wedding.  No complaints.
View Quote

This ...

Also don’t leave any valuables in your car.  If you spend enough time in SA your call will get broken into.  It’s not a if situation it’s a when in that city so park accordingly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 11:25:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks guys
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 2:56:10 AM EDT
[#4]
Hyatt Hill Country is a nice Hotel.  Heated pool and lazy river are good.
Link Posted: 3/2/2021 1:12:36 PM EDT
[#5]
we stayed near the Riverwalk at the Home2Suites by Hilton.  It was nice and within walking distance of a lot of restaurants.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:38:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yep. My parents have stayed there a few times and it’s great for kids. Lots of stuff for them to do.

I like it too. Lazy rivers are awesome.
Link Posted: 3/5/2021 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#7]
In regards to Sea World - Get the meal pass. It's worth every penny.
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:00:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote

This. Outdoor movies and mallows for the kids. Multiple bars outside near the heated pools, lazy river, surf pool, slides, golf (if you’re into that).
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 3:22:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

Wondered if that was worth it...May just get two of them and we can alternate using it.

I'm cheap and don't need to eat much, if it costs money!
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 5:41:11 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

This. Outdoor movies and mallows for the kids. Multiple bars outside near the heated pools, lazy river, surf pool, slides, golf (if you’re into that).
View Quote

They got the smores station down to a science, someone on stick cleaning duty, someone on marshmallow duty and someone on extracting toasted marshmallow to graham cracker/chocolate.  no clean up for me.  Wonder if that's changed since covid.  I'm sure touching the same stick btw multiple people would be frowned upon now.

Outdoor movies are good but it's still hot as hell in the summer.  They provide blankets and popcorn which is nice.  They did an indoor showing one time.

They also had indoor laser tag w/ fog machine insider their ballroom one time too.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:30:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Wondered if that was worth it...May just get two of them and we can alternate using it.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you're planning a solid day there, it pays for itself and then some.

We stayed at Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade. No complaints, nice place and there's a liquor store nearby
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

If you're planning a solid day there, it pays for itself and then some.

We stayed at Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade. No complaints, nice place and there's a liquor store nearby
View Quote

The liquor store just might be the ticket!

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 8:12:43 PM EDT
[#13]
I've stayed at the Hampton Inn that is right next to the Courtyard on a couple of occasions, and it was fine and a bit cheaper than the Courtyard. Kids loved it and my wife, who is a clean freak, had no complaints. Both are Marriott properties regardless.

Concur with the food pass. Although there have apparently been some changes since the last time I bought one, like they time your purchases now, they didn't used to, which tells you how good of a deal it probably was.
Link Posted: 3/17/2021 5:55:32 PM EDT
[#14]
Update in the OP
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top