Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2022 1:25:25 AM EDT
I’ll be in the DFW area soon and I always like to check out local gun stores when I visit new places. What are some good gun stores to check out that have a healthy used gun selection?

TIA
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:26:37 AM EDT
[#1]
DFW is big. What part?

Gunmaster in Plano has a decent selection. They also sell reloading components so maybe you'll get lucky and find something you need.

Frisco gun club also sells a bunch of used guns
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:28:24 AM EDT
[#2]
Jackson Armory has some pretty cool old stuff.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:17:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Jackson Armory for used guns. Rifle Gear or Scheels for new guns and gear.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 12:14:50 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are up for a little drive:

Wild West Pawn in Sherman
Best Pawn Superstore Sherman-Denison line has many hundreds of firearms
I understand The Gun Store in St. Jo is very good
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 4:10:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I’ll be in the DFW area soon and I always like to check out local gun stores when I visit new places. What are some good gun stores to check out that have a healthy used gun selection?

TIA
View Quote

doesn't get any better for old used guns than Murle's Guns in Granbury
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

Definitely on the fringe of the metroplex, but absolutely the best!

Who was it that was going to check it out and report back?  I'm going to go look for that thread...  Edit:  looks like it's archived already.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

TIA

Rofl hard pass!
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:51:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Is there really a gun store in Saint Jo?  I have jobs up there and I haven’t spotted a gun store in the past there.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 9:55:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Used guns, sure. Not any that Murle is like to sell him, though.
Perhaps a museum instead?

Quoted:

Who was it that was going to check it out and report back?  I'm going to go look for that thread...  Edit:  looks like it's archived already.
View Quote

That thread was pretty good.

OP: Really, don't waste your time or patience going to Murle's.  Google that old asshole if you need convincing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2022 10:54:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Motherfuck Murle and his shop.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 12:27:24 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I finally got in there last week!

LOLz
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:15:38 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOLz
View Quote

Everything we said was accurate, wasn't it?  Cool little gun store with lots of old junk, old guns, new guns, etc...  Would be a really cool store if it weren't for that one single thing behind the counter in the corner of the shop.
Link Posted: 5/5/2022 11:37:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Everything we said was accurate, wasn't it?  Cool little gun store with lots of old junk, old guns, new guns, etc... Would be a really cool store if it weren't for that one single thing behind the counter in the corner of the shop.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

LOLz

Everything we said was accurate, wasn't it?  Cool little gun store with lots of old junk, old guns, new guns, etc... Would be a really cool store if it weren't for that one single thing behind the counter in the corner of the shop.

I am definitely not a "people person", yet I have never had any issue with Murle the half dozen times I've stopped in his shop while passing through Granbury, and I have bought a few things from him too   ??
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 12:24:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Everything we said was accurate, wasn't it?  Cool little gun store with lots of old junk, old guns, new guns, etc...  Would be a really cool store if it weren't for that one single thing behind the counter in the corner of the shop.
View Quote

I had never heard of this shop and was intrigued, surely can't be that bad[1].  But every rating on the net has a similar story, Yelp is 18 reviews, consistent 1 stars dating back to 2013.  https://www.yelp.com/biz/murles-gunsmith-shop-and-sports-headquarters-granbury

OP, not mentioned yet was Winchester Gallery in Fort Worth, or Ray's Hardware & Sporting Goods in Dallas.

Note [1] - I am always EXTREMELY sympathetic to gun shop employees, especially range personnel.  Always give them a huge benefit of the doubt in any "range nazi" story I hear on the net.  Any responsible gun owner gets upset when you get swept at the range, or any other safety or etiquette breach... Shops and ranges see that multiple times per day, it's just natural they are a little prickly.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:02:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the tips everyone! Is the shooting gallery the same store as the Winchester Gallery?
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:22:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Thanks for the tips everyone! Is the shooting gallery the same store as the Winchester Gallery?
View Quote

I was in the Win gallery the other day when I was looking at a job over there and I doubt it.  They maybe had 10-15 guns in the whole place.   It was kinda odd
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 4:35:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote

I think it's all the same operation, but I'm not sure if you pay for range stuff in the main store or what.  I've only been there for LTC class, and looked through the shop decades ago.
Keep your head on a swivel around there.  

Military Gun Supply used to have a retail store a bit south of there on 820, but it's closed now.  Got a lot of good deals out of them in the early days (Greek HXP .303 for $5/50...wahhhh)
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:03:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I think it's all the same operation, but I'm not sure if you pay for range stuff in the main store or what.  I've only been there for LTC class, and looked through the shop decades ago.
Keep your head on a swivel around there.  

Military Gun Supply used to have a retail store a bit south of there on 820, but it's closed now.  Got a lot of good deals out of them in the early days (Greek HXP .303 for $5/50...wahhhh)
View Quote

Never made it to MGS, but CTD was up north. Used to make periodic trips to load up on ammo. I’m currently burning through some $2.39 per box 7.62x39 with my new ZPAP M70.
Link Posted: 5/6/2022 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Never made it to MGS, but CTD was up north. Used to make periodic trips to load up on ammo. I’m currently burning through some $2.39 per box 7.62x39 with my new ZPAP M70.
View Quote

Forgot about them, also fun to visit at least once.

Omaha's Military Surplus is also worth a visit if you want surplus and commercial military stuff.  New location doesn't have the old crazy vibe of the old one though IMHO.  Still good folks but it's like a regular store now, not a magic warehouse where you never knew what you would find.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 9:41:35 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

Best Pawn is our go to place. Also in Sherman is Blackbeard Armory and west in Whitesboro is Past and Blast.
Link Posted: 5/7/2022 10:06:38 PM EDT
[#21]
We ended up going to Jackson Armory, Ray’s and Omaha’s today. Jackson Armory was definitely the coolest, most old guns I have seen in one place that wasn’t a museum. Some of their pricing was a little crazy but it seems like they are getting it because of Gunbroker. Thanks for the recommendations all. We were going to go south and check out the others but ran out of time when the wife left her purse at Torchys.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top