Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/24/2021 9:44:28 AM EDT
I live near Fort Walton Beach in the Panhandle.  Our local shows are getting pretty awful - the same 2 - 3 gun stores at each show, with more and more beanie baby/junk knives/assclown with taser tables popping up.  Not that many guns other than those aforementioned gun stores (which I can visit without having to pay a cover charge).  So...what do you think?  Where's the best show and why?
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 11:16:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Tagged for an answer.  My experience is the larger gun shows are the same as ours (FWB), just more gun stores selling the same thing.  And more of the junk/taser/book/sign/flag tables.
Link Posted: 1/24/2021 12:34:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Other than joining a buddy on his semi-annual bullet pickup (gas and admission are less than shipping costs on thousands of bullets) I'd rather spend the gas, parking, admissions, etc. money on a tour of as many gunshops and pawn shops that do guns as possible within an hour or hour and a half drive.  With you having less than that to cross state lines that does crimp it somewhat, but between you and Jax there are a LOT of shops.  Additionally I think at least one of the Jax shows is still fairly good but it has been a while since I've seen a report from over thataway.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Tag for info.

I'm in Fort Lauderdale. Not many big shows lately.

Just the Shoot Straight one and that's becoming more junk than guns...
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:44:33 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:46:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Honest to god, Plant City's. By Tomlin Middle School/Plant City Strawberry Festival/Boring Civic Center.

Reminded me of the 90's.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Honest to god, Plant City's. By Tomlin Middle School/Plant City Strawberry Festival/Boring Civic Center.

Reminded me of the 90's.
View Quote

I've heard their show is still pretty good but I'm 1.5 hrs away so never been.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:26:58 PM EDT
[#7]
How come we have not held a HTF Show? One year North, then Central then South. Or just Central, meet in Orlando or wherever.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 5:19:02 PM EDT
[#8]
The one put on once a year by the Lakeland Rifle and Pistol club used to be pretty good.  Haven't been this past year to know for sure.
Link Posted: 2/2/2021 7:44:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
The one put on once a year by the Lakeland Rifle and Pistol club used to be pretty good.  Haven't been this past year to know for sure.
View Quote

I use to go to that show in the mid 70’s to mid 80’s . One heck of a show back then .
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:51:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
How come we have not held a HTF Show? One year North, then Central then South. Or just Central, meet in Orlando or wherever.
View Quote

I'm down for that....
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 2:54:07 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

They used to have it twice a year, great buyers show, lots good deals of private sales... back in the early 2000's by far the best show in Florida, I used to go to everyone from homestead to Pensacola.....
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:42:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Anyone go to Melbourne today?
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:28:46 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I'd look forward to something like that.
Just moved to Ft.Lauderdale a year ago and I'd very much like to meet some local arfcommers.
Link Posted: 2/8/2021 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
That'd be fun.
View Quote

@Miami_JBT Since you are a Mod, any chance that you could organize something? maybe open a post for ideas, like a Arfcom gun show, an Arfcon meet, like in the keys, or at Disney, or an Arfcon regata during summer time, or a fishing tournament....
That would be a great chance for everyone in the forum to meet each other...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top