Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2019 6:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: HiramRanger]
Chief Doucette of the Bennington, VT Police Department is a GREAT man, and friend of mine. If you have followed me around here, you know I am merciless when police abuse their authority and public trust... I'm also a relentless defender of them when they are just and putting it all out there to protect the public. Well, my friend the Chief is looking like he is going to be scapegoated to satisfy the SJW crowd and their calls to "do something" about the perceived racism in Vermont.

Long story short, an admitted white supremacist had an on-line tussle with a black female state legislator from outside the state who moved here. A lot of douchebaggery from all sides of that brouhaha. However, the State AG determined no laws were broken, so no charges were pressed. If you want to read more for yourself, you can Google "Kiah Morris" and "Max Misch."

Why would this interest you? Two reasons. First, Social Justice Vigilantism should scare the fuck out of all of us. They are seeking to destroy a good man to push a political agenda. Second, this is the first prosecution of Vermont's ban on "high capacity" magazines.

In any event, there are lots of detail in this petition, and I'd appreciate you signing it if you feel comfortable and sharing it. The left fights hard in social media circles, and we need to fight back, and this ticks off a number of things we all say we are concerned about. The petition will only publicly list your first name and the first letter of your last name. The petition also contains the contact numbers for the Bennington, VT Town Manager and VT Attorney General.

WE NEED THIS PETITION TO HAVE A HEAVY VERMONT PARTICIPATION!

Please get family and friends to sign and post to social media! This is important, this is the future of our state!

Bennington Police Chief Paul Doucette has been wrongly accused of racism and professional misconduct by individuals and organizations looking to advance a political agenda and their careers.

This all came about because a state representative in Bennington, Vermont (Kiah Morris) was allegedly harassed by an individual named Max Misch who has been identified as a "white supremacist" and anti-Semite. The Bennington Police Department investigated the allegations, and while the statements and actions of Mr. Misch were deemed by many to be offensive, they did not rise to the level of a criminal act. Accordingly, the Vermont Attorney General declined to press charges against Mr. Misch.

The subsequent outcry from certain individuals and organizations resulted in a follow-up investigation of Mr. Misch into whether he violated Vermont's new ban on purchasing standard capacity firearms magazines, in this case, rifle magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds. The Bennington Police Department had already investigated these allegations and had determined that the magazines purchased in Vermont in excess of 10 rounds were purchased LEGALLY before the effective date of the law. As no law was broken, the Bennington Police Department did not disclose this information.

Mr. Misch allegedly traveled to New Hampshire after the law went into effect and purchased magazines capable of holding more than 10 rounds, and allegedly returned to Vermont with them in violation of the new law. This was determined by a subsequent investigation by the Vermont State Police, and an arrest was made pursuant to these actions, NOT the purchase made prior to the law going into effect which was what the Bennington Police Department investigated, and correctly concluded no law had been broken.

There are now calls for an investigation into the Bennington Police Department and Chief Doucette. The Attorney General has recommended an outside investigation rather than his office investigating. The reasoning for such is unknown, but many suspect that it is because he knows that the Bennington Police Department and Chief Doucette will be exonerated, and the Attorney General does not wish to face the political backlash. Instead, he wishes the citizens of Bennington to foot the bill for an expensive and unnecessary investigation that will tell us what we already know - the Bennington Police Department investigated the allegations, found no violation of the law, and accordingly did not arrest Mr. Misch for illegally purchasing standard capacity magazines.

The hallmark of a good law enforcement agency is that it enforces the law without bias. What Chief Doucette's detractors are faulting him for is ensuring that a man's rights were respected during the course of investigations, and when the investigation showed that no crime was committed, that the person was not dragged through the court of innuendo where allegations carry the same weight as convictions.

NONE OF THIS IS AN ENDORSEMENT OF WHAT MAX MISCH MAY HAVE SAID OR DONE, but it is representative of the same ethical treatment by law enforcement we would all hope for if we were accused of wrong doing.

Please contact Bennington Town Manager Stuart Hurd at (802) 442-1037, and Vermont Attorney General T.J. Donovan at (802) 828-3171 to politely express your outrage at these events ,and the unfounded allegations against Chief Doucette and the Bennington Police Department.
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/1/2019 9:41:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Done....I own my family farm in Arlington
Link Posted: 3/2/2019 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#2]
Word is Monday night that Kiah Morris and her supporters will be attending the meeting of the Town Board and pressing for Chief Doucette to be fired.
Link Posted: 3/3/2019 11:44:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Alright guys and gals, the Town Board meets tomorrow night at 7pm, and word is Kiah Morris and her supporters will be pushing to fire Chief Doucette. I’ll be rushing from Albany to try to make the meeting, and my wife will be there as well.

It would be really helpful if people could POLITELY call Town Manager Stuart Hurd on Monday, March 4th and urge him to stand behind the Chief. Let him know that this isn’t a Bennington. Issue, that its representative of the politics of destruction that is rotting our nation to the core. This is a political stunt by a woman who moved to Vermont to launch a political career and is stepping all over the people of Vermont and painting the state as racist to martyr herself into higher office elsewhere. This is about raising her profile at the expense of a good public servant’s career, and with no concern for anybody but herself.

Mr. Hurd can be reached at 802-442-1037.

I thank you for your support. WE NEED YOUR SUPPORT!
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:39:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Any updates? Couldn’t find any news online.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 10:44:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By ShovelMonkey:
Any updates? Couldn’t find any news online.
View Quote
They saw our numbers and backed away... we’ve won for now
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top