Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/7/2021 11:13:24 PM EDT
I am amid moving to the idyllic little town of Rainier. Yesterday, I put in a new deadbolt on the man door of the garage as well as replacing one of the roll ups. My reward was to roll in this morning (I don't live there quite yet) and find my Crossfire badly damaged, every piece of lawn or shop equipment, my new 8750 KW generator and about 100,000 rounds of ammunition...all gone. They also took my A frame trailer. I was going to set it up today to start staying there a few nights a week. The ammo included, about 10K Aguila 22LR quiet stuff, about 40 Federal bulk packs of 22LR, at least 4K of Greek milsurp 30-06, at least 5K Federal gold Medal Match 308 Win. 4-5K assorted 762x54R, shitloads of 9mm Hydrashok, a case of Federal Hi-Shok 9mm, several cans of 44 mag, 45 ACP, lots of Black Talon in 9mm, 44mag, 45 ACP and 308. Added to the mix were several thousand rounds of 50 BMG, some ball, mostly AP and APIT. About 200 50BMG ammo cans full. A few cans of exotic oddball stuff, too. The A frame trailer was dumped, on video, behind the Chevron station in the heart of Rainier. The toads who robbed me are likely numbnuts who will try to sell the ammo cheap and fast.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:04:24 AM EDT
[#1]
Too many of the wrong people surviving.
Link Posted: 11/8/2021 10:53:41 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryo] [#2]
Ouch.. Sorry to hear about the loss. Thieves always seem to love to hit garages.

I wouldn't know how to tell stolen ammo vs some person just trying to sell it. I hope possibly the police bust someone with tons of your inventory.. and possibly get it back.
Man that's a lot of good ammo.
Link Posted: 11/9/2021 2:17:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Damn, I'm sorry Bob.

I've got a lot of friends in that area because before we moved we lived 10 minutes from there.

I'll put the word out right now. I'd bet good money that the cops have a darn good idea who did it, but can't do anything because they don't have proof.

Start talking to the local cops, they're some good guys.

If you find out who did it send me a PM, I'd be happy to make the drive and help you recover it.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 1:05:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By zukguy:
Damn, I'm sorry Bob.

I've got a lot of friends in that area because before we moved we lived 10 minutes from there.

I'll put the word out right now. I'd bet good money that the cops have a darn good idea who did it, but can't do anything because they don't have proof.

Start talking to the local cops, they're some good guys.

If you find out who did it send me a PM, I'd be happy to make the drive and help you recover it.
View Quote
I appreciate it. I have turned into a real pussy in my old age. I am not sleeping, vacillating between rage and despondence. My brain keeps me up all night, running a movie of it in my head. I keep remembering more stuff gone, too. Cases of 12G, mostly slugs and Federal Tactical Buck. It seems to never end.
Link Posted: 11/10/2021 4:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
that sucks with the ammo prices what they are, I would be on the look out for someone selling the 50 BMG, that is the one that will hopefully get them busted.
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 11:58:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Got hit again last night. They failed to get my tractor, but had enough time to take all the appliances, a few hundred dollars' worth of oil and the garage door tracks. And, to really show the love for their new neighbor, they destroyed my Chrysler Crossfire. After the vandalism last week, it was not movable, at least, by me. Geico finally got back to me today, as I was standing there staring at the mangled remains.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:41:12 AM EDT
[#7]
It's time for some night vision there chum.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 8:13:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I have this sudden urge to go camping...

This enrages me. Similar stuff happened to my neighbor down the street. I spent the next 2 nights at his house in the shadows. The nods got a good workout.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 2:25:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Thing about tweekers is they will keep coming back till EVERYTHING is gone or destroyed. So sorry to hear and sorry for the loss. I will keep my  eyes out, but I avoid tweekers like the plague they are.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 7:21:44 PM EDT
[#10]
Everything is now gone, except the hulk of the Crossfire. I spent last night lurking in the driveway across the street. Twice, cars pulled in my driveway, right up to the garage. Both sat, darked out for a few minutes, then left. I was keeping an eye on the tractor. We got it out of there today. It may not be any more secure where it is, but, at least, it ain't there.
Regarding NODs, it's actually to bright there for them to be effective. After sitting there darked out for the first 30 minutes, I could see everything, even with the storm. I would guess my old gen 1 commie night vision would be weak enough to see, but the good stuff washes out with street lights, garage lights, etc.
My gal pal hooked me up with homeowners' insurance now, but it's really only protecting me if the place goes up in flames. There is nothing there but garbage and structures.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 11:18:07 PM EDT
[#11]
I would re-think of moving in there, they know you will have guns there at some time, and will be back to get them along with anything else they can steal. I had a storage unit broken into 3 times until they got all of the good stuff, and then no more break-ins. they got me for tools and a complete 351 windsor with all of the parts to complete the assembly, major money in parts, I was sick over that one, as well as lots of ammo.  good luck, hope they get caught.
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 2:10:24 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mstennes] [#12]
Complete and total bullshit, I got buddy I grew up with who lives in Rainier, I’m going to toss him a text and see if he or his boys hear of any ammo or other items turn up for sale. Can you email me a complete list I can forward on to him?
Thanks, bobbity
ETA,  @bobbitybobbity
Link Posted: 11/15/2021 6:07:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Rainier is absolutely full of this shit now.

My MIL lived there about ten years back and it was bad even then.

It's actually worse the more remote you are because they figure all the tree cover means they won't bee seen, and shitty internet coverage means a lot of thieves can cut off Ring or similar devices by just cutting the phone line that carries both your residential land line and DSL.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 12:02:08 AM EDT
[#14]
I haven't moved onto the property, obviously, but I am already in the late stages of exiting the rental property in Graham. Unless one of you has a quick $200K to relieve me of the mortgage, I really have no choice. The hulk of my Chrysler was towed away today. Looks like it got hit at least three separate times. Tow truck guy bet me $100 that Geico will total it most riki tik.
I am divesting myself of almost all my toys and valuable things. There won't be much to steal after this. I will be making the garage into a fortress, though there won't be much excitement in it for them if they come back.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 1:43:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
I haven't moved onto the property, obviously, but I am already in the late stages of exiting the rental property in Graham. Unless one of you has a quick $200K to relieve me of the mortgage, I really have no choice. The hulk of my Chrysler was towed away today. Looks like it got hit at least three separate times. Tow truck guy bet me $100 that Geico will total it most riki tik.
I am divesting myself of almost all my toys and valuable things. There won't be much to steal after this. I will be making the garage into a fortress, though there won't be much excitement in it for them if they come back.
View Quote

Boobie traps or is bobbity traps? Make them pay upon entering the garage.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 3:04:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By bobbitybobbity:
I appreciate it. I have turned into a real pussy in my old age. I am not sleeping, vacillating between rage and despondence. My brain keeps me up all night, running a movie of it in my head. I keep remembering more stuff gone, too. Cases of 12G, mostly slugs and Federal Tactical Buck. It seems to never end.
View Quote

Bobbitybobbity,

It's not just an age thing brother, the stress of having all your stuff stolen will do that to anyone. Just a heads up I follow you on facebook as well, not sure if you saw I posted my screen name on your facebook page.

If you need to help, don't be too proud to ask for folks to raise some money on here.

I'm sure Striker would allow a fun raiser to be set up to help you out, I know I'd be happy to put money in.

You're family brother, we're here for you, and if you need anything or want to talk I'll PM you my number now.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 2:35:46 PM EDT
[#17]
This post has been bothering me ever since Robert first created it.

I believe that in one form or another, this is coming to everyone here on this site. When my house was broken into about 7 years ago, the Edgewood police department was sitting on my personal belongings (mostly my wife's) and only returned to us three things which were obviously ours because our names happened to be written on them. The rest they remained tight-lipped about and had sitting behind their front counter, outside of my sight. I came to understand that the two criminals who broke into my house were not charged and I had no credibility as the property owner of receiving most my property back. Kinda difficult not to relate the actions of the police to the same criminals who broke into my home.

What would Robert need to do? Provide a picture of every round of ammunition to the locals? Have signed every box or container with his name?

I'm OK, and yes, I usually offend everyone at one time or another.
Link Posted: 11/22/2021 3:19:31 PM EDT
[#18]
@FriedFish...thanks for the support. Yeah, almost zilch had serial numbers, and the only receipts I have are for the gizmos I put in the car...two cameras, compressor, portable power supply, etc. They did leave me a piece of the chrome vinyl wrap the sarge and I were putting on the roof. The deputies were very pleasant, but no investigative procedures were utilized, aside from a couple cell phone pix by Hansen. Hardly a day goes by I don't think of more stuff that disappeared. This morning, I realized I can't change oil on anything. Gone are my grease guns, funnels, a case and a half of grease tubes and about ten gallon jugs of Rotella T6, T4 and Castrol GTX. They got several gallons of two stroke oil, but missed a half dozen quarts of it somehow.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 12:08:43 AM EDT
[#19]
A few weeks of stewing over my losses and anxt over my inability to do anything about it seems to be taking its toll. Three heart attacks in one week, apparently brought on by stress certainly makes for a disappointing week. I wish I could find the miscreants.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 8:38:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn, I'm really sorry for you troubles I hope the scumbags get caught.
Link Posted: 12/4/2021 10:05:15 PM EDT
[#21]
@bobbitybobbity

Keep an eye out on Northwest Firearms.

Link Posted: 12/5/2021 5:28:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I wont be back till the end of the month, but I can loan you a Sionyx Aurora color night vision camera. Works pretty well as a PVS-14 stand in. Not perfect but better than nothing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 8:03:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Originally Posted By airmandaniel:
I wont be back till the end of the month, but I can loan you a Sionyx Aurora color night vision camera. Works pretty well as a PVS-14 stand in. Not perfect but better than nothing.
View Quote

I am nothing, if not grateful. It's certainly worth a try!
Link Posted: 12/31/2021 7:17:20 PM EDT
[#24]
I just saw this thread.  So sorry for all this.  I hope your health improves.
Link Posted: 1/21/2022 4:23:45 AM EDT
[#25]
I sent you my number a while back, and will remind you again that if you need anything I can help with call or text me anytime.

Hell I don't care if it's 3am and you just want to talk about the color of your dress for tomorrow, I'd be happy to talk with you buddy.

You're not alone in this.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top