Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2022 12:08:09 PM EDT
Work is sending me there in October for a few days. I'll be driving myself. What's it like? Crime? Places to eat? Firearms carrying?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/12/2022 12:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I regularly visit a friend down there and their "fly-in" at Roy E. Ray airport.  Never had issues with crime.  I always carry concealed, never had issues with that either.
Food is great.  The Catalina is a great place to eat.  Great soft-shelled crab when it's in season.
Seems to be a popular place too.
Link Posted: 9/16/2022 9:24:14 AM EDT
[#2]
The Bayou isn’t too bad really.  Typical issues with drugs, but if you stay away from them, shouldn’t be an issue.  
The Lighthouse is also a good place to eat for locally sourced seafood.
CCW should not be an issue at all.
You will see that the people there are a little different.  Don’t be surprised to see people wearing white rubber boots everywhere, aka “bayou reeboks” as the locals call them.
If you like to fish, you can try Lightning point and the pier on the Dauphin Island causeway, as well as on the island itself.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top