Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2018 9:16:19 AM EDT
Where can I get a barrel cut down from 16" to 12.5" here in Chicago? I know Adco does it, but going to see if I can save on shipping first. Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 10:18:24 AM EDT
[#1]
TLDR: this is not an answer but a bunch of questions that may or may not be helpful ...

You specify Chicago vs IL - are you REALLY solid about laws for your project? I ask because the City is not a place to get caught with a "sawed off machine gun" which is what the narrative will be ;)

Why not just get a barrel of proper length? Unless you have extra Kreigers laying around?? Or are you building a 'precision SBR' ? If you do have extra Kreigers, maybe swap for a shorter barrel that fits your project??

If you are in Chicago or DuPage, an Adco might not ship to you?

If all of this was not helpful because you know exactly what you want, PM me and I'll intro you to a buddy who has a machine shop (different industry) and might be able to help. I didn't lead with this in case you just want a, ya know, answer to your actual question  :D
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 1:31:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I do know the laws here. I am in Chicago so that is why I am looking close to here. Would like a gunsmith that does that kind of work. My lower is already a registered SBR. I just decided to take a different route. I will call Adco Monday morning, but I don’t see why they would not ship to me. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:27:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I do know the laws here. I am in Chicago so that is why I am looking close to here. Would like a gunsmith that does that kind of work. My lower is already a registered SBR. I just decided to take a different route. I will call Adco Monday morning, but I don’t see why they would not ship to me. Thanks.
View Quote
Cool. Good luck!
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 3:56:25 PM EDT
[#4]
You specify Chicago, but how far, if any, into the surrounding collar counties would be ok? e.g. DuPage, Will, etc?
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 8:37:56 AM EDT
[#5]
Maybe 1:30 drive in any direction would be ok. Think I will just send it to Adco.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 11:35:37 AM EDT
[#6]
Perhaps Maxon's:
https://maxonshooters.com/services/gunsmith/pricing-and-rates/

Also, ADCO does ship to DuPage since it was asked about earlier in the thread.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 12:19:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I can't speak to the quality or if they do what you want but locally I was going to suggest checking with the 3 below as I had heard some positives on their gunsmithing in general.

Gun Doctor (gundr.com - Roselle)
Paul Gibertini (www.greatgunsarmory.com - Plainfield)
Glen Nyenhuis - WCK Gunsmithing - Elmwood Park
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 2:41:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I can't speak to the quality or if they do what you want but locally I was going to suggest checking with the 3 below as I had heard some positives on their gunsmithing in general.

Gun Doctor (gundr.com - Roselle)
Paul Gibertini (www.greatgunsarmory.com - Plainfield)
Glen Nyenhuis - WCK Gunsmithing - Elmwood Park
View Quote
I have had work done on a few guns at the Gun Doctor. They did a good job on those. I do recall Marksman14 having an issue with a 1911 that they worked on however.

I also brought a gun to Maxons for work and they did a good job.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:46:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Maxons is not too far. Will call them in the morning. Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/23/2018 6:52:40 PM EDT
[#10]
Also if you don’t want to use adco, retroarms is GTG and is fast as well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 11:33:48 PM EDT
[#11]
John thomas. He does amazing work.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#12]
I went with Dallas Shooting. He has an add here in the services section.
Link Posted: 10/5/2018 9:29:33 AM EDT
[#13]
Why wouldn't ADCO ship a barrel to a Cook address? Its a barrel; not a firearm.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top