Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/29/2023 7:39:25 AM EDT
Major Incident! Barge Carrying 1,400 Tons of Toxic Methanol Sinking Into Ohio River Near Louisville

Ohio River Barge Methanol Disaster Louisville

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 5:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Any updates?
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 7:41:50 PM EDT
[#2]
One of the barges has been moved and secured. The Coast Guard has said that the state of the river makes it too dangerous to attempt any more right now. When the river level goes down, they will try to move the other barges.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 2:37:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Any issues with water quality? I'm downstream.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 6:35:44 PM EDT
[#4]
The only reports that I have heard are from Louisville and they aren't worried and say all tests have been OK. Their intake is upsteam of the dam. Where do you get your water? Louisville provides water all over the place. How far "downstream" are you? You should contact your local water provider.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 9:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm north of Brandenburg, the wells are next to the river. Been out of town for a week. I'll call tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top