Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/15/2021 7:51:18 PM EDT
NJ liberals acting out...

They have been watching too many movies.

Legislation To Ban Suppressors
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:12:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Our legislature needs to pass HB 957 which would decriminalize silencers here.

https://capitol.texas.gov/BillLookup/History.aspx?LegSess=87R&Bill=HB957
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 8:17:51 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

It will be voted on next week, guess you can make some more phone calls, e mails and online testimony.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:07:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ask Shane Cox and Jeremy Kettler how well a similar law worked out for them in Kansas
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:34:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ask Shane Cox and Jeremy Kettler how well a similar law worked out for them in Kansas
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

HB 957 does two things, first is remove from the Texas penal code any reference to suppressors being illegal (they currently are unless purchased per Federal law). The other is it requires the AG to go to bat against the Fed DOJ/ATF so they except Made InTexas suppressors that can not leave the state. You can argue back and forth about it. I do find it interesting and would love to see it work out only way to tell if it works is to try it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 10:55:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

HB 957 does two things, first is remove from the Texas penal code any reference to suppressors being illegal (they currently are unless purchased per Federal law). The other is it requires the AG to go to bat against the Fed DOJ/ATF so they except Made InTexas suppressors that can not leave the state. You can argue back and forth about it. I do find it interesting and would love to see it work out only way to tell if it works is to try it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IMO the important thing is that it will stop State/Local police from enforcing laws on silencers. The Feds might be able to go it alone after some manufacturers or people selling them, they don't have the resources to go after random individuals building their own. For the most part people busted with illegal silencers are done so because the the police catch them, not because the ATF does.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Exactly this! The ATF needs local LEOs to enforce the NFA, if the state makes them look the other way the ATF lost there most powerful tool.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:49:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Exactly this! The ATF needs local LEOs to enforce the NFA, if the state makes them look the other way the ATF lost there most powerful tool.
Link Posted: 4/15/2021 11:50:59 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

IMO the important thing is that it will stop State/Local police from enforcing laws on silencers. The Feds might be able to go it alone after some manufacturers or people selling them, they don't have the resources to go after random individuals building their own. For the most part people busted with illegal silencers are done so because the the police catch them, not because the ATF does.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:09:39 AM EDT
[#9]
I submitted my support a couple days ago.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 7:16:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

82 people including 25 children and 2 pregnant women that lived outside of Waco would disagree with this.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:23:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

82 people including 25 children and 2 pregnant women that lived outside of Waco would disagree with this.
View Quote

Fortunately, President Biden has proposed an ATF director that would never allow something like that to happen.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Fortunately, President Biden has proposed an ATF director that would never allow something like that to happen.
View Quote

Because he only likes to pose for a picture on the smoldering rubble of the kids he and  his department murdered.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:19:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

HB 957 does two things, first is remove from the Texas penal code any reference to suppressors being illegal
View All Quotes
Quoted:

HB 957 does two things, first is remove from the Texas penal code any reference to suppressors being illegal

That's good.

...The other is it requires the AG to go to bat against the Fed DOJ/ATF

Thtas shows ignorance of the US Constitutions Supremacy Clause.

so they except Made InTexas suppressors that can not leave the state.

Which is meaningless. USSC ruled long ago on how that affects interstate commerce.

Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:23:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

IMO the important thing is that it will stop State/Local police from enforcing laws on silencers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

IMO the important thing is that it will stop State/Local police from enforcing laws on silencers.

They don't do that now. Just as state and local PD don't enforce laws on immigration.

The Feds might be able to go it alone after some manufacturers or people selling them, they don't have the resources to go after random individuals building their own.

They "go it alone" right now. See above for guys that thought the law didn't apply in Kansas.

For the most part people busted with illegal silencers are done so because the the police catch them, not because the ATF does.

Nothing prevents a police officer from calling his local ATF contact.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 10:59:04 AM EDT
[#15]
I'd rather have it pass, than not.

Dope is still illegal at a Federal level - do you see DEA raiding dope stores?  Colorado was all by itself when it got rid of state laws about it, and started a trend.  Multiple ways to change laws - Schoolhouse Rock style with a Bill on Capitol Hill, and also lots of states doing their own thing and creating a critical mass.

If it doesn't float your boat - lots of other pro-gun bills to help advance.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:10:28 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'd rather have it pass, than not.

Dope is still illegal at a Federal level - do you see DEA raiding dope stores?  Colorado was all by itself when it got rid of state laws about it, and started a trend.  Multiple ways to change laws - Schoolhouse Rock style with a Bill on Capitol Hill, and also lots of states doing their own thing and creating a critical mass.

If it doesn't float your boat - lots of other pro-gun bills to help advance.
View Quote

MJ is a terrific example of how this is would be a great law, even if it won't shield any individual/situation from federal prosecution.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 11:38:40 AM EDT
[#17]
If the 2A sanctuary bill also passes then it is very possible for local/state LE to contact ATF without being slammed with a first degree misdemeanor. Might be worth the AG charging some local LEO that turns to evidence over to the ATF.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:04:31 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
View Quote

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Decriminalization of silencers has been working well in Virginia for decades.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 2:07:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah um, he did not say ATF would suddenly not be able to do anything, anywhere, ever again. Jeez.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Yeah um, he did not say ATF would suddenly not be able to do anything, anywhere, ever again. Jeez.
View Quote

Neither did I.  Just pointing out that the idea of the local pd not helping won’t stop the ATF from doing ATF stuff like wanting to Murder children to help with getting a promotion.  So this idea of suppressors not being illegal in Texas won’t do anything.  It would be nice to have on the books as a middle finger to the ATF but that’s all it will be good for.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

ooh
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:00:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So this idea of suppressors not being illegal in Texas won’t do anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Actually it will do a lot. The majority of people who get hooked up with ATF, come from local PD referrals that DA will not prosecute.

Quoted:
It would be nice to have on the books as a middle finger to the ATF but that’s all it will be good for.

If only Koresh had spent $30 for an FFL, and $500 for a SOT, as a middle finger to the ATF, he could have legally made all the Machine guns he wanted to this day.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#23]
I thought once the ATF lost the gun fight to some random church goers, and had to run away in retreat, the Branch Davidian show was an FBI affair?  And that it was the FBI would ended up with the same outcome as if they'd just ordered an airstrike on a citizen's dwelling - would have been cheaper as no months and months of overtime.

Anyway, the bill would de-criminalize suppressors, so is a good thing.  It won't get Silerenco to move here and sell them over the counter, but it does keep suppressors posses from being an matter for state and local officials.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:02:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Actually it will do a lot. The majority of people who get hooked up with ATF, come from local PD referrals that DA will not prosecute.

If only Koresh had spent $30 for an FFL, and $500 for a SOT, as a middle finger to the ATF, he could have legally made all the Machine guns he wanted to this day.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
It would be nice to have on the books as a middle finger to the ATF but that’s all it will be good for.

Did they find machine guns at Waco?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:05:00 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Did they find machine guns at Waco?
View Quote

They convinced a jury they did.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 4:06:40 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They convinced a jury they did.
View Quote

Kids with machine guns, makes sense to burn them alive
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

If I remember correct the sheriff told the ATF not do what they did and if they wanted him they could easily pick him up as he would leave the compound regularly.  But no when the man wants his tax money they want their tax money and if they have to murder children to get what they want they will.  So yes they could have paid 30 plus 500 and avoided all this if they were making machine guns but in what real world does what they did justify what happened.

What would help is if the state would arrest the murders and put them to death just like we would any other person that would burn a kid alive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:06:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View Quote

Their defense to what they did was they said they were going in to protect the kids to.  I hope to hell the ATF never want to protect my children as I prefer my kids alive.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:12:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Ther defense to what they did was they said they were going in to protect the kids to.  I hope to hell the ATF never want to protect my children as I prefer my kids alive.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ther defense to what they did was they said they were going in to protect the kids to.  I hope to hell the ATF never want to protect my children as I prefer my kids alive.

They'll protect your dog and cat too, when they aren't too busy smuggling guns into foreign countries
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:23:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

They'll protect your dog and cat too, when they aren't too busy smuggling guns into foreign countries
View Quote

Yes the gun smuggling that allowed more women and children to be murdered.  Notice a pattern with the ATF?
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:39:07 PM EDT
[#31]
ATF did the initial "funding" raid.  That's when an agency does something for the TV crews (that they invited along - how's that for OP SEC), so that they get a bigger budget next year.

It wasn't the tax money they wanted - this wasn't the IRS going after someone for claiming their rec room remodel was a home office expense.  It was to claim they were doing all this good stuff to protect us all, and BTW, here's our new and increased budget request for next year.

It's my understanding that after their super squirrel SWAT team was out shot and lost the gun fight to, checks notes, church goers, the whole mess was handed off to the FBI.

I'm not sure the exact perking order of alphabet soup agencies - you know like every group they have one.  I think the FBI is toward the top, certainly #1 by a mile in their own eyes, while ATF is considered the vile, viscous dreg that accumulates in any settled out barrel of waste product.

So blame the FBI for the results of the Branch Davidian after that first day.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:43:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
ATF did the initial "funding" raid.  That's when an agency does something for the TV crews (that they invited along - how's that for OP SEC), so that they get a bigger budget next year.

It wasn't the tax money they wanted - this wasn't the IRS going after someone for claiming their rec room remodel was a home office expense.  It was to claim they were doing all this good stuff to protect us all, and BTW, here's our new and increased budget request for next year.

It's my understanding that after their super squirrel SWAT team was out shot and lost the gun fight to, checks notes, church goers, the whole mess was handed off to the FBI.

I'm not sure the exact perking order of alphabet soup agencies - you know like every group they have one.  I think the FBI is toward the top, certainly #1 by a mile in their own eyes, while ATF is considered the vile, viscous dreg that accumulates in any settled out barrel of waste product.

So blame the FBI for the results of the Branch Davidian after that first day.
View Quote

Yes the FBI.  They like to Murder children and women too.  Just ask Lon Horiuchi.  He knows all about it.
Link Posted: 4/16/2021 6:46:51 PM EDT
[#33]
Now don't question them too hard though, George H Bush, if he were still alive, might dramatically order a staffer to cut up the NRA membership card he'd taken out just before the 88 election.  Like when he pissed himself in shock at hearing them called "jack booted thugs".

What turds we've had on the Republican side.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top