Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
Durkin Tactical Franklin Armory
User Panel

Posted: 1/4/2022 1:10:35 PM EDT
I'm going to be hunting deer this week and want to take my nine year old to watch. He will not be hunting at all. Does he need a permit for baiting if he is sitting with me or will mine suffice?
Link Posted: 1/5/2022 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By 243savage:
I'm going to be hunting deer this week and want to take my nine year old to watch. He will not be hunting at all. Does he need a permit for baiting if he is sitting with me or will mine suffice?
View Quote

Yes! I asked this question when the baiting permit first came about and all hunters must have a baiting permit. Even if they don't have to have a hunting license. All about the money.
Link Posted: 1/6/2022 1:22:24 AM EDT
[Last Edit: weath017] [#2]
If he isn’t hunting he doesn’t need the bait license ( it is a license not a permit, Code of Alabama 9-11-244). If he gives no assistance to the person actually hunting then he isn’t hunting and is not required to be licensed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2022 10:35:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Here is your information...no he doesn't need a permit because he is under 16.

https://www.outdooralabama.com/licenses/license-faqs
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top