Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/25/2021 12:53:06 PM EDT
I know, NY sucks, move to a free state, I don't blame them, blah, blah, blah.

Now that that's out of the way.

I would like to seek nominees for a new Bag of Dicks Award in the category of online ammo shippers. This category now has new and special meaning since it looks like Congress will be going after ammo and specifically  online ammo sales.

So "laws" worse than NY are coming to a state near you. This gives new and special meaning to the dribbling dick phrase "you're from a "ban" state, so I won't ship to you".

Special shout out to SG Ammo and Ammo Shop Online.

/rant
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Natchez is one of the few online sites still getting ammo at “reasonable” prices and they won’t even ship to FFL.

I haven’t tried MidwayUSA or Brownells for ordering, will they send to FFL? Hate to do it but...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:04:40 PM EDT
[#2]
There is zero reason to send to an FFL.  Besides the inconvenience, unconstitutionality and additional fees there is nothing in the SAFE Act which compels it. It's a garbage misreading of the "law" by idiots.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#3]
People on this site drool all over AIM. I called them, emailed them links at one point showing that the "system" was never set up and the guy flat out said either way we aren't shipping to NY.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:04:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There is zero reason to send to an FFL.  Besides the inconvenience, unconstitutionality and additional fees there is nothing in the SAFE Act which compels it. It's a garbage misreading of the "law" by idiots.
View Quote

I know that, and you know that, but convincing some of these sites is impossible...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 4:24:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:59:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

There may be "zero reasons" but many will still only ship to a FFL if New York at all...DSA had GI cans of Hirtenberger 7.62 and would ONLY send it to a 01 FFL because their Lawyers said so and nothing has changed that.
If you haven't previously stocked up.
If you thought you'd always be able to go the the local GS or Box Store and get it.
If you were too cheap, broke, unwilling or thought you'd mooch off someone else, or do a "battlefield pickup".
If you waited until now....you're fucked.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 9:20:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

That must be new.  They shipped ammo to my FFL.
View Quote

Why did you have ammo shipped to a FFL?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:27:49 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:07:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I know that, and you know that, but convincing some of these sites is impossible...
View Quote

I hear ya brother.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 4:15:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Natchez never shipped to NY for some reason
View Quote

I purchased 1k .223 from Natchez in 2008 and they shipped to Brooklyn back then.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 4:15:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:27:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It was Ethiopian Garand .30-06 that nobody else still had.  So, if I wanted it, I had to get it from them.  Otherwise, I would not bother.
View Quote

Understandable then.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I purchased 1k .223 from Natchez in 2008 and they shipped to Brooklyn back then.
View Quote

You got lucky. NYC has a 200 round limit on ammo. Possessing 201 or more rounds in total is bad. Stay safe citizen, and if you see something say something.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 10:32:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You got lucky. NYC has a 200 round limit on ammo. Possessing 201 or more rounds in total is bad. Stay safe citizen, and if you see something say something.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://nyfirearms.com/forums/laws-politics-firearms-self-defense-weapons/58515-nyc-limit-amount-ammunition-stored-home-conflicting-information.html#/topics/58515?page=6

Actually that's incorrect I believe. I did some thorough research on that a while back. It's a fire code that only applies to FFLs or ammo sellers storing large amounts of ammo for sale...it may for some reason also apply to single family homes but not likely. The law does Not apply to apartment buildings.

Not well thought out and I guarantee it isn't enforced.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 4:03:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Natchez never shipped to NY for some reason
View Quote

Incorrect sir. I used to purchase ammo from Natchez back in the early 2000s.
Nowadays I ship to one of our offices in PA and pickup when I go there.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 12:59:18 PM EDT
[#16]
It's a pain.  If you have tons of extra self defense and target ammo you can't even sell locally unless you register as ammo seller.  I guess I'll just hold on to it.
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 11:35:07 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's a pain.  If you have tons of extra self defense and target ammo you can't even sell locally unless you register as ammo seller.  I guess I'll just hold on to it.
View Quote

Well fuck, I did not know that. Good thing I make all my buyers meet me in Jersey or CT
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 7:53:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Well fuck, I did not know that. Good thing I make all my buyers meet me in Jersey or CT
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me neither, and I was going to post some for sale at the range.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 8:09:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
that's why I don't sell guns, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top