Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/9/2020 9:23:49 PM EDT
I'm non resident, from Help Paso, Texas. Draw more often than not for zone 16. Me and my buddy are usually successful more than not, more him than me.  Went by myself Sat and Sun for opening two days for rifle deer. Didn't seem like anyone out, more hikers and campers than hunters, it was really warm but still felt odd. Spring Turkey around Cloudcroft was like a zoo so many hunters out you couldn't throw a rock without hitting somebody,  but this weekend was strangely quiet... how was your opening weekend? I was skunked as usual and feeling a bad knee so didn't cover much ground?? 2020, just keeps giving....
Link Posted: 11/10/2020 10:43:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Unless you are a land owner, or one lucky MoFo, hunting in this state has turned to shit in a hand basket.  

Back in the late 70s, my dad, brother and I usually got a deer, a turkey, and occasionally, a bear.

The only game animal you are 'guaranteed' to harvest is the local Libtard.  They don't move fast, can be taken down by a kick to the groin, and are fatter than any farm raised hog.  I wouldn't recommend consuming them, as they are toxic.

Best bet is to raise your own, and enjoy.
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 10:30:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/11/2020 11:47:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It would have been a good deer season for me if I would have had a deer tag.
This guy was 11 yards from my elk blind.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/157203/7F702266-6CF1-48FA-95B5-F674B053645D-1680344.png
View Quote

The animals get the proclamation a week before we do.  Smart bastages are just that, smart.
I had a rabbit tell me he identified as an Oryx.  I still shot his ass and fed him to the dogs.
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 2:31:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/12/2020 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

So, the cat has to take care of himself?
This guy must have seen the draw report. He was in season, but I didn’t have a tag.
View Quote

Kitty prefers fowl.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top