Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/2/2021 1:30:18 PM EDT
Despite doing all we could to avoid exposure, G/F has tested positive for Covid.  

Both of us are at-risk persons, for various reasons.

Interesting times.
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:59:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Prayers for you and your family Raf!
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 6:20:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Is she showing any symptoms?

Thoughts and prayers to both of you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:39:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Getting worse.  Her son has developed symptoms after our family (4 people) with windows open and all that, New year's event.

G/F blames herself, and nothing I can do helps her.

This really SUCKS, because other people are suffering, and I can do nothing to help any of them

If you have a mind to, please direct kind thoughts and/or prayers to my G/F and her son--and his wife.

Much obliged!

Link Posted: 1/4/2021 9:32:21 PM EDT
[#4]
You guys are in my nightly prayers bud.
Keep us in the loop, and PM me if you need to talk bud.
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 10:02:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You guys are in my nightly prayers bud.
Keep us in the loop, and PM me if you need to talk bud.
View Quote
Thanks!

So far, so good.  Nobody has developed a serious illness, knock on wood.

We will get through this, and thanks for your prayers and kind wishes.

What really sucks is whether or not is whether or not I'll get sick.  Then there's nobody to take care of the other sick folks.

Will update with new info soonest.

Thank you all for kind wishes and comments!
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/7/2021 10:21:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Payers out to you and your family.
You'll all be fine.

Dibs on Mini's
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:59:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanx.  So far, so good.  Awaiting test results, but will be surprised if not Positive.

So far, mild, low-grade fever, coming and going, which is typical.  Some degree of mild fatigue coming and going, as also typical.  Have been dosing on all the useful supplements for many months.  Can't hurt, and likely beneficial, from trusted accounts.

G/F is also doing the same, and is suffering from fairly mild symptoms, so far. Thank Heaven!

IDK if I am "over" this, as am coming up on the typical 10-day part of the situation, where things either get better, or get much worse.

I very much appreciate the prayers for G/F and her kids, who also tested positive around the same time.

Thank you all for kind thoughts and prayers, especially for G/F and Kids!        
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:50:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you for the update, raf and it sounds like the worst is over for you, your girlfriend and her children.

I work for one of the larger fire departments here in RI and we've had a lot of people (probably between 30-40) out over the last month or so because of testing positive for covid. All but two of them were either asymptomatic or felt the same as what you described. A couple of them also mentioned mild body aches and one reported having diarrhea for a day (he swears it was because of Covid). The ones with symptoms felt them most at the onset and not at the 10 day mark.

The two who were more serious had a history of getting pneumonia and/or bronchitis a lot. They felt the worst within days of testing positive and slowly improved over the next week or so with thanks of some steroids and other breathing medications.

You mentioned you are both "at risk" people, but it's my experience that you both are out of the woods if more serious symptoms haven't already occurred.

I'll continue to keep all of you in my thoughts and prayers and will hope for a speedy recovery.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:43:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Thank you all for kind comments!

Tested Pos for Covid on the late last week, but I had symptoms for 4 or so days before that; same for G/F who's, maybe a day "ahead" of me.

No fever today, and feeling a little more energetic.  Hopefully, the worst of this is behind us.  Her Son and DIL seem to be doing OK, thank Heaven.

Thanks again for kind thoughts/prayers!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 1:54:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Tested Pos for Covid on the late last week, but I had symptoms for 4 or so days before that; same for G/F who's, maybe a day "ahead" of me.

No fever today, and feeling a little more energetic.  Hopefully, the worst of this is behind us.  Her Son and DIL seem to be doing OK, thank Heaven.

View Quote

Prayers at work, God is good! Hang in there Raf!
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 3:32:40 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes, it is ultimately up to God.  "Knock on wood", but I'm a little surprised, and very delighted, to find that this has not been worse than it has been.

I would like to think that my dosing for several months with a number of proven vitamins and minerals has helped, but of course there is no way of proving that.  

The advice as to the Vitamins and minerals, along with much other excellent science-based Covid19 advice was discovered by me quite by accident, back in late December 2019, when this whole mess was just beginning.  Both Sites literally "popped" into my YouTube feed, on the same day.  Did no searching on the topic whatsoever;  Just happened.

Perhaps a simple coincidence, perhaps something on a Higher plane.  Your call.

Thanks all for your sentiments and prayers!  Kids not out of the woods yet, so kind thoughts/prayers for them are much appreciated!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top