Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2018 11:27:45 AM EDT
Heading to the Dillon area (District 321) for an antelope hunt next week. If I bag one early, I plan on doing some backcountry fishing for the rest of my time in the state. Backpacking back a few miles, finding a good unmolested spot and fishing and camping for a few days before heading home. I’ve found the best fishing experiences I’ve had have been on the smaller lesser known streams.

Anyone have any high country streams/lakes you could recommend?

Also, anyone know of a class III FFL/SOT in the area (Bozeman/Dillon/Butte) that would hold onto my rifle for a few days for a small fee? I’d rather not leave a nearly 5k rifle/suppressor combo in my truck unattended once I’m done hunting.

Thanks folks! Can’t wait to see your beautiful state again!
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 11:05:13 PM EDT
[#1]
IIRC most streams are closed this time of year to fishing,lakes and rivers are a whole different story. You would need to check the FWP regs to see what is open in the area's you are planning on visiting as the regs are very different from one area/body of water to the next. BTW Non resident licenses can be a bit spendy

http://fwp.mt.gov/fish/regulations/default.html?id=fishing#fishing
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 12:34:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
IIRC most streams are closed this time of year to fishing,lakes and rivers are a whole different story. You would need to check the FWP regs to see what is open in the area's you are planning on visiting as the regs are very different from one area/body of water to the next. BTW Non resident licenses can be a bit spendy

http://fwp.mt.gov/fish/regulations/default.html?id=fishing#fishing
View Quote
Based on what I read in the regs most streams don’t close until Nov 30, if at all?

Not worried about the license cost. I’ve already spent enough on tags this year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top