Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2018 8:06:43 PM EDT
I started a thread about his time last year saying I was going to Michigan to work in January. I had started doing travel nursing and was going up there for 3 months to work. The general consensus was that I was crazy and would most likely die. Well, not only did I survive, but I enjoyed it. After living my whole life in Florida, the snow,cold, ice, etc. was a refreshing change. My biggest worry/challenge was driving, but I took it slow and did ok. Our whole goal since I started doing the traveler thing was to travel as a family. I went by myself last time. It was fun, but I missed my family. This year, we started homeschooling our kids just so we could go places together. We are headed back to Traverse City, MI in January. We are really looking forward to it. I've upgraded to a 4x4 this year. I did ok without it, but definitely wished I had it a few times. I'm hoping to go ice fishing this time. I wanted to last time, but could never make it happen. I've already had an offer from a Michigan HTF member to take me. I really want to do some assignments out west, like Montana or Wyoming, but I figure this will be a good start for the family. I already know the hospital and the area, so it will be a little easier transition. I will post some pics if anything cool happens. Wish me luck.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 8:47:58 PM EDT
[#1]
They wanted me to work up there.  I worked other places in MI
How are u getting back up there- driving or flying
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Driving up with the family. Found a nice house to rent on AirBNB, just two miles from the hospital. 3 bedrooms and a big fenced yard for the dog. Housing can be found there pretty reasonable in the winter. My only worry is if I renew my contract into the warmer months, prices go way up.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 12:01:43 AM EDT
[#3]
Want to make some money bringing a few things back up that way?
Ian’s some clothes and 2 bicycles I need to return
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top