Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/5/2021 7:24:39 PM EDT
Question for you Texas locals from a North Carolinian.

Our (mine and my other two brothers) oldest sibling has been living out in Austin for about 4 years now and is getting married in September. We all have a trip out to visit him and have some bachelor fun at the end of this month and I am looking for some advice on where to get some good dynamic shooting done.

The three of us that live in NC shoot quite a bit of action 2 gun up here since we have entire ranges dedicated to that, plus public land.
Oddly enough, our TX brother shoots very rarely down there so we were looking to take him out and take him through some running-and-gunning drills while we are down.  

I know public land is a really non existent in the state so I was just curious if anyone knew of rentable land or rentable ranges that could accommodate what we’re looking to do. We intend to bring all our own equipment; targets, stands and whatnot.
Safe, disciplined shooters - so we aren’t looking to bend any laws.

Any advice would be much appreciated, and we’re willing to do a little driving to get what we want too.

Thank y’all in advance.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 7:30:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:09:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Question for you Texas locals from a North Carolinian.

Our (mine and my other two brothers) oldest sibling has been living out in Austin for about 4 years now and is getting married in September. We all have a trip out to visit him and have some bachelor fun at the end of this month and I am looking for some advice on where to get some good dynamic shooting done.

The three of us that live in NC shoot quite a bit of action 2 gun up here since we have entire ranges dedicated to that, plus public land.
Oddly enough, our TX brother shoots very rarely down there so we were looking to take him out and take him through some running-and-gunning drills while we are down.  

I know public land is a really non existent in the state so I was just curious if anyone knew of rentable land or rentable ranges that could accommodate what we’re looking to do. We intend to bring all our own equipment; targets, stands and whatnot.
Safe, disciplined shooters - so we aren’t looking to bend any laws.

Any advice would be much appreciated, and we’re willing to do a little driving to get what we want too.

Thank y’all in advance.
View Quote

Check with Copperhead Creek in Mable Falls or Reville Ranch in Burnet.  Reville Ranch has quite a few more bays, than Copperhead.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:30:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Might try Lone Star in Lockhart, then hit Black's for BBQ.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:55:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Might try Lone Star in Lockhart, then hit Black's for BBQ.
View Quote

I do just that occasionally...

Sometimes I do Chisolm Trail instead of Black's though.  Not usually Smitty's or Kreutz for me, but some people like those places too.

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 9:06:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top