BCM
User Panel

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:14:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Wlliam Kirk has said that Pete Serrano from this group has a lawsuit suit drafted and ready to drop, in Grant County, once 1240is signed:

https://silentmajorityfoundation.org/litigation-information/

As much as I respect SAF and FPC, their irons are in too many other fires, in too many other states. GOA, same. NRA? . . . lol

Is/Are there other *effective* in-state groups to throw in with?
View Quote

So far, I have thrown my money at the Second Amendment Foundation, Gun woners of America and the Silent majority Foundation.  I think the easiest way to go, is to see who files lawsuits, and direct funds accordingly.
Link Posted: 4/23/2023 11:23:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

So far, I have thrown my money at the Second Amendment Foundation, Gun woners of America and the Silent majority Foundation.  I think the easiest way to go, is to see who files lawsuits, and direct funds accordingly.
View Quote

Link Posted: 4/24/2023 5:09:01 AM EDT
[#3]
That's what I'm doing.. giving funds to organizations that will specifically take on the lawsuit. I imagine it would be either FPC (Firearms Policy Coalition), 2nd Amendment Foundation, or Silent Majority Foundation. I will donate to all 3 if they go after this. I've never donated to Silent Majority Foundation before, first time hearing about them based on Kirk's recommendation.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:27:27 AM EDT
[#4]
I setup monthly donations to these below. Now that Amazon is shutting down their donation scheme I still need to do one for SAF.

GOA
FRAC
FPC
SMF

Hopefully at least one of them can land a blow on all this BS.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:46:45 PM EDT
[#5]
The answer to the timeline question is now clear:

Tuesday April 25th @ 10:00 AM, 1143, 1240 and 5078 will be signed.

https://crmpublicwebservice.ofm.wa.gov/bears/attachment/billactionnotice/9
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 4:53:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:01:56 AM EDT
[#8]

He would welcome any other alphabet group to the media spectacle.

Banished Ignored Persecuted Owners of Carbines
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 12:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Look like the lawsuit will be filed about 11:30.

Time Has Run Out, Governor Inslee is Signing Washington's Assault Weapon Ban (Tomorrow April 25th)
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:46:52 AM EDT
[#10]
I hope this gets Judge Benitez moving forward on his ruling.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:50:58 PM EDT
[#11]
The answer to who is going to bat:

The complaint was filed in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Washington. The case is known as Hartford v. Ferguson. Joining SAF are the Firearms Policy Coalition, Sporting Systems, a Hazel Dell retailer, and three private citizens, Brett Bass, Douglas Mitchell and Lawrence Hartford, for whom the case is named. They are represented by Seattle attorney Joel Ard.

There may be more cases coming.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 2:54:52 PM EDT
[#12]
What time did he sign it?
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:00:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
KOMO has a 9:30AM timestamp on the story

https://komonews.com/news/local/washington-governor-jay-inslee-assault-weapons-firearm-gun-semi-automatic-rifle-violence-mass-shootings-crime-ban-olympia-seattle-bill-law-sign-state-legislation-purchase-bullet-sale-distribution-manufacture#

Link Posted: 4/25/2023 3:12:17 PM EDT
[#14]
Only thing I care about is if he doesn't sign it.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 4:16:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

The "show" started at 10:30 AM, and he signed the bill at 10:58:43
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top