[#1]
With pay. Now I can spend some quality time with my 3 week old
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 2:58:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wut? Why you take no bonding leave tho??

Link Posted: 3/23/2020 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Wut? Why you take no bonding leave tho??

View Quote

Because I have bills to pay and bonding leave doesnt allow for that.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 5:43:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Wife was asked to come in and work during the closure for double time pay.
Link Posted: 3/23/2020 6:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Some probably remember 'Last one to leave, please turn out the lights.'

3 weeks paid leave...should be the rule, not the exception if the powers that be are going to continue down this path.

$.02 worth

Boss
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 12:13:34 AM EDT
[#6]
And if you can work remotely you are required to or you don't get paid.

I would bet 10 to 1 that the people that were bitching about going in are going to be the first ones  treating this like a paid vacation and ignoring all the social distancing rules.

And those same fuckers will come in sick 14 days later.

I mean people still weren't washing their hands after shitting at work and then going to get a coffee from the vending machine, so I can't imagine they have a hope in hell of not getting coronavirus.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 11:32:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

What...you have a kid now?.................did ya figure out what caused it?

eta..congratulations.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 5:59:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Shut down apparently being extended, and without pay.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 8:48:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Im honestly suprised. I was expecting them to be shoving people IN the door come tuesday night. My guess is they're delaying having to do anythung drastic beyond voluntary layoffs/early retirements.
Link Posted: 4/5/2020 11:32:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Im honestly suprised. I was expecting them to be shoving people IN the door come tuesday night. My guess is they're delaying having to do anythung drastic beyond voluntary layoffs/early retirements.
View Quote

Heard that voluntary layoffs are being offered now, too.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:22:39 AM EDT
[#11]
It doesn’t surprise me at all. I told my wife that I expected something like this would happen. What has changed? So enough time has passed and maybe some cleaning performed that there isn’t any virus left in the facilities. But as soon as one contagious but asymptomatic employee shows up back to work, it was all for naught. I would not expect Boeing to restart production until Inslee lifts the order to stay at home. To do it any sooner opens the doors to terrible PR and more importantly civil liability.

My wife also said something about the IAM complaining to Trump about working conditions and PPE, so that probably further factored into Boeing’s decision to say “Fuck it, we’re staying closed”.

Hopefully everyone enjoys their extended vacation. Anyone familiar with the process to file for unemployment?
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#12]
VLOs are being discussed.  Not offered, yet.

Many of the suppliers are also shut down.  Opening production doesn’t make sense when parts deliveries aren’t gonna happen.  Along with the optics of just one more COVID positive employee.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It doesn’t surprise me at all. I told my wife that I expected something like this would happen. What has changed? So enough time has passed and maybe some cleaning performed that there isn’t any virus left in the facilities. But as soon as one contagious but asymptomatic employee shows up back to work, it was all for naught. I would not expect Boeing to restart production until Inslee lifts the order to stay at home. To do it any sooner opens the doors to terrible PR and more importantly civil liability.

My wife also said something about the IAM complaining to Trump about working conditions and PPE, so that probably further factored into Boeing’s decision to say “Fuck it, we’re staying closed”.

Hopefully everyone enjoys their extended vacation. Anyone familiar with the process to file for unemployment?
View Quote

I went out on MLOA the day before this all started coming down, I was scheduled for surgery on March 14th, canceled. But, because I'm out on medical leave, I'm covered and am being paid.
Link Posted: 4/6/2020 6:27:36 PM EDT
[#14]
787 South Carolina is closed down now. Italy makes a lot of 787 parts and they've been all shut down for a while.

Boeing's cleaning efforts before we shut down would be comical if it weren't so serious. Had one guy that got really sick out of the blue, hauled him off in the aid car to get tested. Some guy shows up with some lysol wipes and a bucket. Next shift comes in and is told that the area had been cleaned. Dude's half eaten lunch, coffee cup and can of pop were still there for the next shift to take care of.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top