Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2018 6:33:50 PM EDT
I am in North eastern Dodge county.  We are having a fine mist that is freezing on contact with the road it is slicker that snot.

Be careful out there.
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 11:48:17 AM EDT
[#1]
Yeah, in Beaver Dam the side streets and sidewalks were pretty bad. I almost went down multiple times just trying to pickup my kid from school around 3:45. My new Michelin x-ice tires worked great though!
Link Posted: 12/13/2018 3:37:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Snow tires FTW

I was behind a FIB pickup the other Morning that it snowed lightly and any slight hill and they were fishtailing all the way up, almost went in the ditch several times.  Doing 20 in a 55 on a flat straight road with a half inch of snow.

Get some damn tires!  Finally got past them and had zero problem going the speed limit with plenty of braking at my disposal.
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 12:50:36 AM EDT
[#3]
Anyone else notice the crap they spray on the roads now instead of using salt, looks like black ice....sort of a shiny surface. Will be hard to tell when it is really black ice, and not the spray crap. Scary!
Link Posted: 2/14/2019 10:25:01 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Anyone else notice the crap they spray on the roads now instead of using salt, looks like black ice....sort of a shiny surface. Will be hard to tell when it is really black ice, and not the spray crap. Scary!
View Quote
The brine?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top