Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/4/2021 9:35:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/4/2021 9:38:05 PM EDT by atomicferret]
https://storage.courtlistener.com/recap/gov.uscourts.casd.642089/gov.uscourts.casd.642089.115.0.pdf?fbclid=IwAR1kVFr9oSjHpqgmM30w7rdFuiK4dvQAJueo_B1HDfVdvA-X5NiHV-rDhzM

Like the Swiss Army Knife, the popular AR-15 rifle is a perfect combination of home defense weapon and homeland defense equipment. Good for both home and battle, the AR-15 is the kind of versatile gun that lies at the intersection of the kinds of firearms protected under District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008) and United States v Miller, 307 U.S. 174 (1939). Yet, the State of California makes it a crime to have an AR- 15 type rifle. Therefore, this Court declares the California statutes to be unconstitutional.
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 9:47:57 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:06:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/5/2021 11:07:39 AM EDT by Trollslayer]
From Gateway Pundit -

If you can believe it, a Federal judge in California has overturned the state’s onerous AR15 and “assault weapons” ban.

In a lawsuit ..., Judge Roger Benitez ... ripped the state’s law, referring to it as a “failed experiment” and stating “State level assault weapon bans that remain in effect have little to show.”

Oh, happy day!
Link Posted: 6/4/2021 10:50:08 PM EDT
Freedom Week 2.0?
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:05:07 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 12:39:26 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 1:13:42 AM EDT
AG Bonta has already said they’ll appeal. Because of course they will.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 9:53:20 AM EDT
If the 9th Circuit does not issue a stay upon appeal, then Benitez's stay expires, even with the appeal.  Of course, I'm sure the 9th will issue a stay.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 6:46:50 PM EDT
Hate to be debbie downer but the end result for all these cases are ....Appeal to 9th, then en banc, then the USSC ignores it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:01:14 PM EDT
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Garand1911:
Hate to be debbie downer but the end result for all these cases are ....Appeal to 9th, then en banc, then the USSC ignores it.
View Quote

Correct.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 8:48:53 PM EDT
Originally Posted By bm3:

Correct.
View Quote

Even if the case gets appealed, this is still a step in the right direction.

The left didn't succeed at pushing our overton window this far with big dramatic victories. They did it slowly, one small step at a time. They learned to be satisfied with little victories.

While leftists always vote blue no matter who, conservatives have this weird quirk where they expect republicans to pass the entire conservative policy agenda to bother showing up to vote at all. Oh, you managed to pass A, B, and C and made progress on D and E this election cycle? Well I wanted the whole alphabet, so now I'm going to stay home next election.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 10:06:22 PM EDT
View Quote

But I thought Trump stacked the Supreme Court that Gun laws and 2A issues were secure for decades to come. Not sure why the Supreme Court would ignore it given the amount of praise Trump received for his picks to protect such freedoms in the first place. Such comments are confusing in that arfcom praises something and then immediately castrates the same praise soon thereafter.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 1:21:48 AM EDT
Originally Posted By dave3223:

But I thought Trump stacked the Supreme Court that Gun laws and 2A issues were secure for decades to come. Not sure why the Supreme Court would ignore it given the amount of praise Trump received for his picks to protect such freedoms in the first place. Such comments are confusing in that arfcom praises something and then immediately castrates the same praise soon thereafter.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

This is what happens to people after 40-50 years of being beaten down - they lower their expectations so they aren't so disappointed, and lower,... and lower.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:20:25 AM EDT
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:39:10 PM EDT
Originally Posted By 50_Shooter:
The worst part is that with all the panickers out there, there's not going to be much to see or buy. Hopefully manufacturers will ship a large part of their products to CA for people to buy and that other people in the country will understand that we just got our freedom back. I know most will understand and help us out like they did during magageddon week.

The number of firearms bought will be epic.  😎
View Quote

I will buy something even though I do not need another rifle; even if it is just a back order; in commemoration of freedom returning to California.  

Magageddon = Freedom Week  
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 3:06:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/7/2021 3:07:32 PM EDT by Garand1911]
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

This is what happens to people after 40-50 years of being beaten down - they lower their expectations so they aren't so disappointed, and lower,... and lower.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Trollslayer:

I hope for the best, but expect the worst.
The latest M.O. for gun cases seems to be 9th, en banc, USSC ignore.
It would be great if the USSC took it and ruled in our favor, and wiped AW laws off the books in every state.

Now lets see a court challenge on Ca 50BMG ban.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 2:03:59 PM EDT
An error occurred on the server when processing the URL. Please contact the system administrator.

If you are the system administrator please click here to find out more about this error.