Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Hometown » Ohio
Posted: 1/19/2020 1:23:12 AM EDT
Anyone here have experience with BEAR ARMS TACTICAL in Perrysburg,oh?  They are the closet silencer shop dealer to me. Want to be sure about their reputation before having a can sit there for 14 months.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 12:46:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Buddy of mine has done some transfers through them. He's happy with them.

I've talked to them. They seem like good enough people.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Buddy of mine has done some transfers through them. He's happy with them.

I've talked to them. They seem like good enough people.
View Quote
Thank you
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 9:16:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Some of the Fin stores carry cans.
Not sure about Perrysburg though.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 11:44:04 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm said buddy
Transferred several firearms through them and bought two.

Nice store, good people.  Good handgun selection.  Not so much on rifles, especially ARs.

Prices OK to a little high.
Link Posted: 1/20/2020 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#5]
I went in a few times but their prices were too high. Nice enough guy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:15:28 PM EDT
[#6]
I've done a couple transfers there.  I paid $25, and they said as long as its all in the same shipment, then only charge the flat $25 (so multiple lowers from PSA for example, would only be $25).  Guys seemed nice enough, but their prices on in stock guns/ammo is pretty high.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 5:17:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some of the Fin stores carry cans.
Not sure about Perrysburg though.
View Quote
Fin Perrysburg does not carry cans...at least not yet.  Their transfer prices are rough for guns, not sure about cans.  $50 for a simple transfer.  No idea if it would be higher for class 3.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Fin Perrysburg does not carry cans...at least not yet.  Their transfer prices are rough for guns, not sure about cans.  $50 for a simple transfer.  No idea if it would be higher for class 3.
View Quote
$50!? Yikes.

I used to use Great Lakes Gun Worx out of Rossford. They had $25 transfers and even had a silencer shop kiosk. Great guys. But they moved to Walbridge,OH. Since then they disappeared from the silencer shop database of dealers. After asking them about it they said they should be showing up anytime. But that was a couple months ago. Still not listed.

I suppose I could use adco outside of silencershop. But I think their fees are high too iirc.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 9:05:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

$50!? Yikes.

I used to use Great Lakes Gun Worx out of Rossford. They had $25 transfers and even had a silencer shop kiosk. Great guys. But they moved to Walbridge,OH. Since then they disappeared from the silencer shop database of dealers. After asking them about it they said they should be showing up anytime. But that was a couple months ago. Still not listed.

I suppose I could use adco outside of silencershop. But I think their fees are high too iirc.
View Quote
Hall's Firearms is in between Perrysburg and BG, had my last 2 cans transferred by him. Charges $50 for NFA and $10 for normal transfers. When I went in to pick up my cans a few months ago he tried to sell me a S&W M76 SMG for a pretty good price but I didn't have that much free cash at the moment. Plus he has a range in his backyard and you can schedule visits.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Hall's Firearms is in between Perrysburg and BG, had my last 2 cans transferred by him. Charges $50 for NFA and $10 for normal transfers. When I went in to pick up my cans a few months ago he tried to sell me a S&W M76 SMG for a pretty good price but I didn't have that much free cash at the moment. Plus he has a range in his backyard and you can schedule visits.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$50!? Yikes.

I can see Halls from my house
.  I called there once in the past about a transfer and no one answered or ever called back, so I just assumed they got an FFL to do personal stuff.  They are out there shooting all the time and his range is pretty badass for a home setup.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 10:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

.  I called there once in the past about a transfer and no one answered or ever called back, so I just assumed they got an FFL to do personal stuff.  They are out there shooting all the time and his range is pretty badass for a home setup.
View Quote
I have better luck emailing him, other then that you have to call, leave a message and he or his wife will usually call back. Seems like he has a steady stream of people coming in when I go to get my transfer and he always tells me to get ahold of him first if I want something and says he gets the best prices, but haven't tried him on that yet since the only transfers I've done lately are stuff just slightly too new to use my C&R.

I was jealous of his range the first time I saw it, told me it took something like 400 dumptruck loads to build.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:29:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Thank you everyone.  I will definitely check out hall's. Will also stop by bear arms and see them for myself as well.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:22:21 PM EDT
[#13]
Try Hayden's Custom Firearms LLC in Stoney Ridge, $15 transfers. Open in the evenings and on weekends but will make special arrangements if you can't make it when they're "open". It's the sweet spot between trying to meet with your kitchen table dealer who works a bunch and a "big" shop with a ton of overhead to drive prices up. Veteran/Leo owned and seems like an all around good dude.

Eta: didn't ask about can transfers, but he's super quick to respond via email and was quick to call when my pistol came in
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:09:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Thank you everyone.  I will definitely check out hall's.
View Quote
Jeff is good people,  I knew him back when the ISSMC Subgun shoots was a thing
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 11:10:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Todd ??
Link Posted: 1/23/2020 10:59:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
I transferred my MN Sniper from AIM though Hall's

Nice, smooth transfer and a hell of a nice guy. I'd recommend him again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 3:51:09 PM EDT
[#17]
I am also an NFA Dealer located near you, but not listed for some reason.
Call me at 419-823-1486 if you would like to discuss purchases or transfers.
Thank you. Jeff
HFTech
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 7:29:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Todd ??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Todd ??
@SBR7_11

Nope, not named Todd.
Page Hometown » Ohio
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top