Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/13/2023 8:39:00 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest]
So... abiding to PADOT my wife and I have 20 days to register our vehicles and 60 days to get s drivers license. I'm quite confused on what documents I need to accomplish both tasks. Can anyone help a new transplant out on deciphering what PADOT wants? Thank you.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 1:45:40 AM EDT
[Last Edit: PvtJoeBauers] [#1]
All I can say for certain is you’re gonna have to make a stop at the pharmacy for some Tuck’s pads and/or PH cream. Your checkbook’s anus will be on fire when you walk out of that DMV.  

Sorry, can’t help with your questions. It’s been too many years.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:51:45 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By PvtJoeBauers:
All I can say for certain is you’re gonna have to make a stop at the pharmacy for some Tuck’s pads and/or PH cream. Your checkbook’s anus will be on fire when you walk out of that DMV.  

Sorry, can’t help with your questions. It’s been too many years.
View Quote

I've already been warned it's going to be painful.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:52:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Yeah, that's where I started. I'm still confused.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 5:31:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ar-15envy] [#5]
I also still have this link bookmarked from when I moved to PA:

https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BDL/BDL%20Publications/pub%20195us.pdf

Vehicle registration services are privatized in PA.  There are 2 places I've used, Northeast Tag and Title in Honesdale and Pocono Mtn Licensing in Hawley.  They can tell you what you'll need.  

ETA:  One of our vehicles couldn't be registered for 9 months due to Toyota Financial failing to provide the title for the process.  We never had a problem.  We actually traded it in for a new Ford to solve our problem.  The salesman at the Ford dealer called us a week later for any help getting the title from Toyota Financial
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 6:26:13 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#6]
Originally Posted By ar-15envy:
I also still have this link bookmarked from when I moved to PA:

https://www.dot.state.pa.us/Public/DVSPubsForms/BDL/BDL%20Publications/pub%20195us.pdf

Vehicle registration services are privatized in PA.  There are 2 places I've used, Northeast Tag and Title in Honesdale and Pocono Mtn Licensing in Hawley.  They can tell you what you'll need.  

ETA:  One of our vehicles couldn't be registered for 9 months due to Toyota Financial failing to provide the title for the process.  We never had a problem.  We actually traded it in for a new Ford to solve our problem.  The salesman at the Ford dealer called us a week later for any help getting the title from Toyota Financial
View Quote

Oh this is disconcerting, my truck happens to be a Toyota.

Both of those places you've mentioned are an hour drive from me.

Also... looking at that form you linked it looks like my wife is going to have issues getting her PA driver's license. There is absolutely no document that has her name on it to prove she's got residency here. She's not on the deed to the new house nor the mortgage and her W-2 still has the old address. This shit is so confusing.

It also looks like registering both of my financed vehicles is going to be a pain in the ass.
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 9:13:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Put both of your names on utility bills and you can use them as proof.

Part of Toyota's problem was probably Covid related...  we moved here in Feb 2020 a few weeks before full retard when everything was locked-down and dysfunctional for many months.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 4:01:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Utility and Credid Card Bills both work, they want to se more of them though.
Link Posted: 3/15/2023 5:40:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Baq:
Utility and Credid Card Bills both work, they want to se more of them though.
View Quote

Well, I currently don't have any utility bills yet and all of my credit card bills still have my old address since it's all electronic now.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 2:01:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

Well, I currently don't have any utility bills yet and all of my credit card bills still have my old address since it's all electronic now.
View Quote

Your lease/mortgage and bill for PA auto insurance should suffice.  
You have a bit of time.  You can wait on getting a bill.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 3:19:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By dontalo:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By dontalo:
Originally Posted By TheTallest:

That’s what we’re doing. We finally got my daughter enrolled in school this morning too.
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:13:49 PM EDT
[#12]
what county you move to ?
Oaks next weekend.. time to fill drawers with proper capacity mags
Link Posted: 3/16/2023 8:42:36 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By BSOG1:
what county you move to ?
Oaks next weekend.. time to fill drawers with proper capacity mags
View Quote

Pike county.

I sadly have not ordered anything yet, I've been waiting on getting my mail setup first.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 10:14:22 AM EDT
[Last Edit: stockshift] [#14]
OP if you are a member of AAA they can help with the vehicle registration part.  I registered a Delaware car here in Pennsylvania many years ago.  Went down to the local AAA office and they took care of everything (and for much less than a private auto tag place; you will need a notary and they had one on-site).  Due to that notary requirement I recommend you go in-person to your local AAA office (if there is one nearby).  They also had to visually confirm the VIN number in person.  

As I recall, it was only ~$43 so well worth the trip.  I recently used a private auto tag place (instead of AAA, as I had moved) to register another car here in PA.  It was almost $100.    AAA was definitely cheaper!

I don't know if they can help with driver licensing as well but you never know.
Link Posted: 3/17/2023 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By stockshift:
OP if you are a member of AAA they can help with the vehicle registration part.  I registered a Delaware car here in Pennsylvania many years ago.  Went down to the local AAA office and they took care of everything (and for much less than a private auto tag place; you will need a notary and they had one on-site).  Due to that notary requirement I recommend you go in-person to your local AAA office (if there is one nearby).  They also had to visually confirm the VIN number in person.  

As I recall, it was only ~$43 so well worth the trip.  I recently used a private auto tag place (instead of AAA, as I had moved) to register another car here in PA.  It was almost $100.    AAA was definitely cheaper!

I don't know if they can help with driver licensing as well but you never know.
View Quote

A buddy of mine suggested AAA as well, I think I’m going to go this route but I’m not a member so I may have to join to do it.
Link Posted: 3/30/2023 7:52:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Went and got my driver's license done today. They gave my wife a hard time because she had a printed screen shot of the power company account information. Luckily she had two letters from the bank that they accepted. I still had to sign a form on her behalf so she could get her license.

Registering my vehicles was a complete waste of time. I didn't go to AAA like I said I was going to mainly because most of the paperwork I had was unacceptable. I ended up just going to a titling and registration place in Milford. Of course they couldn't actually do anything because I don't have the titles for my cars; they're still bank-owned.

But I did call both lenders for the cars a they had me send the forms from the titling and registration company to them so they could take care send all of the pertinent information to them.  

So hopefully the cars get registered in the next week or so.
Link Posted: 4/6/2023 8:46:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Got a call from the title, licensing company in Milford yesterday. They got the title for one of my vehicles but are still waiting on the other one. When I told them I’m not taking two days off of work to do each car and that I’ll wait until they have the other title they got pissy. Too fucking bad. I have to take off work to get them registered. And I’m not burning two days at work for this.

They copped an attitude when I told them I’d like to wait until they had both titles before I went there. She started yelling at me, ‘You need to have both vehicles here then!’

Yeah..no shit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top