Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/1/2018 6:47:13 PM EDT
Residents of Louisiana got alittle bit more free dome today.
With HB8992 being coming effective August first.
Which made automatic knives now legal.

https://legiscan.com/LA/bill/HB892/2018

Old article but worth a link
https://www.usnews.com/news/best-states/louisiana/articles/2018-04-13/louisiana-ban-on-switchblades-should-be-lifted-house-votes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY23nChpciw
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:53:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Good deal. So were assisted opening knives allowed before?
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 7:11:46 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes assisted was legal before this.
Link Posted: 11/10/2018 12:41:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Nice. I need to celebrate with a nice OTF.
Link Posted: 11/14/2018 8:27:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I bought an Ultratech back in September.  Been carrying it daily since then.  Jim's in BR has a good selection and prices are about what you'd pay online (if you can find a dealer to ship it to you).  I was also considering a Benchmade Infidel but after handling one I felt the Microtech was a much better put together product.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 11:42:14 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I bought an Ultratech back in September.  Been carrying it daily since then.  Jim's in BR has a good selection and prices are about what you'd pay online (if you can find a dealer to ship it to you).  I was also considering a Benchmade Infidel but after handling one I felt the Microtech was a much better put together product.
View Quote
Ok, so I may have overstated when I said "nice OTF". For now I decided on a Decent side-opening auto and a shitty OTF.

I may give Jim's a visit when I have a little more cash to blow on an OTF. I think I like the placement of the button on the Infidel better than the Microtech.
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 1:13:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I've been carrying a Benchmade 5000SBK Auto Presidio for years. I also picked up an Auto Triage, which is nice (but heavier).

I wouldn't recommend an OTF for defensive use. Their mechanisms are less reliable than a pivoting auto (which generally allows manual opening even if the spring fails).
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 8:48:53 AM EDT
[#7]
It looks like the way this reads, It IS legal to own it, but not carry it concealed. Is this correct?
Link Posted: 1/24/2019 10:58:14 AM EDT
[#8]
I’ve had a Benchmade Infidel in my safe for a few years. Much like my HK stuff, it’s too nice to use
Link Posted: 1/29/2019 6:01:25 AM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It looks like the way this reads, It IS legal to own it, but not carry it concealed. Is this correct?
View Quote
Yes

Edit to add:

As I understand it, as long as the pocket clip is visible, it's not considered concealed.
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#10]
To celebrate, here is my new ProTech TR-5 I got from Jim’s.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top