Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/8/2021 2:32:47 PM EDT
Anybody know a good shop that can remove a ton of bird shit on a car with a buffer wheel and then wax it?  I don't want some snot nosed 18 year old grinding away with an orbital, I need someone who knows what they are doing.  Bird poop has been on the car for about 2 months and cannot be removed by hand with WD40, Goop, the orange stuff or any other Turtle Wax Bug/Tar remover product so far.
Link Posted: 10/9/2021 6:43:45 PM EDT
[#1]
How To Polish Out Etched Bird Droppings - Bird Poop Restore Series pt.2 - Chemical Guys

Link Posted: 10/10/2021 8:18:11 AM EDT
[#2]
An honest body shop (ha!) can do it without botching your paint.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:39:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I found a shop that was open on Saturday, not many could take it on short notice but it had to be done immediately (son's car and he is going back to school) They washed it, did a clay bar, washed it again and the poop was still embedded.  They finally used a compound and buffer wheel and got rid of all of it then washed it again and then waxed it.  The entire car was covered in baked on poop that had been on there for two months in 98 degree heat & sun.  I don't know how much the clear coat was impacted but the job is done and the car looks great.  Total cost was $220 and it took them about 4 hours. I have advised junior to never let that happen again.
Link Posted: 10/10/2021 2:50:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I found a shop that was open on Saturday, not many could take it on short notice but it had to be done immediately (son's car and he is going back to school) They washed it, did a clay bar, washed it again and the poop was still embedded.  They finally used a compound and buffer wheel and got rid of all of it then washed it again and then waxed it.  The entire car was covered in baked on poop that had been on there for two months in 98 degree heat & sun.  I don't know how much the clear coat was impacted but the job is done and the car looks great.  Total cost was $220 and it took them about 4 hours. I have advised junior to never let that happen again.
View Quote

IMO $220 is a great price! I would figure two people taking 4 hours to get the car looking good.

Do everyone a favor and post the business name.
Link Posted: 10/11/2021 6:40:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That happens around here often. This area has cormorants. They are a "protected" bird. A large protected bird. If they decide to hang in your yard, you are SOL. It is like a pack of flying dogs with diarrhea bombing your property.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top