Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/11/2021 2:30:33 PM EDT
Hello Fellow Texans,

(A) Was Curious if anyplace in Central Texas sells Premium / High Octane 91-93 unleaded WITHOUT Ethanol?

I've seen Regular 87 Unleaded without Ethanol at some WalMart & Buck'ees, but was curious if anyone knew a source for No Ethanol gasoline at the higher octane rating?

(B) Is it possible to purchase AvGas in a jerry can?  I know AvGas has some lead, but going into a motorcycle so there is no Cat Converter or smog stuff.  

Want to set aside a few Jerry Cans for fuel for my Motorcycle and avoiding Ethanol is (A) better for the bike, and (B) stores better too.

Any helpful information is certainly appreciated!

BIGGER_HAMMER

Link Posted: 9/11/2021 3:08:55 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a few stations and shops with sunoco fuel.  You probably want 260 GTX (93 octane, no lead, no ethanol).  Don't expect it to be super cheap though.

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuel-finder?city=austin&state=Texas&zip=&fid=cat_260-gtx&range=300

Link Posted: 9/11/2021 4:26:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Looks like a few QTs and a Murphy have it. I’m in the Dallas area and there’s a 7/11 and a couple of the Buc-ee’s has it too.

https://www.pure-gas.org/extensions/maps.jsp?statecode=TX
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 6:04:25 PM EDT
[#3]
Have you checked the VP station in on 79 between RR and Hutto?
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 8:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I think the exxon at junction 29 and 281 has it
Link Posted: 9/11/2021 10:12:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Thank You!

Looks like the Jerry Cans are making a fuel run tomorrow.

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:23:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's a few stations and shops with sunoco fuel.  You probably want 260 GTX (93 octane, no lead, no ethanol).  Don't expect it to be super cheap though.

https://www.sunocoracefuels.com/fuel-finder?city=austin&state=Texas&zip=&fid=cat_260-gtx&range=300

View Quote

Sold my 66 Corvette with the 427/390 horse motor when Sunoco 260 went over a $1 per gallon back in the mid-70's.  Still wake up sobbing sometimes.

Paladin

eta: our local Family Power Sports sells motorcycle racing fuel in 5 gallon cans.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 9:07:48 AM EDT
[#7]
I went to it for outdoor power equipment several years ago. Had a customer that was a Stihl distributor and they told me many of the engine problems coming in was due to ethanol in the gas. I never treated my equipment well as I was no fan of landscaping and yard work as some are. Just not that guy. Always struggled getting stuff running first of the season. Started using the E free fuel and that went away. Now the only small engine I have is a generator that is fed only E0. It’s only a standby for the house and I run it 10-15 minutes each month. Starts up first pull each time. Maybe it’s the monthly running ritual but I’m not going back to the E10. YMMV.

Jester
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:07:10 PM EDT
[#8]
Little River Dragway up in Holland has several grades and choices for fuel up to 117 octane available.  It ain't cheap, and Holland is a bit of a drive, but they've got it.

Some Buck-ee's have 92 octane ethanol free, if 92 is good enough.

Link Posted: 9/12/2021 12:41:45 PM EDT
[#9]
If you go the Avgas route, most small municipal airports will have it and sell it to you . The price was not bad, but that was 3 years ago. I used to get it for one of my PWC's. Not a big hassle either. They would let me drive in the gate and right up to the trucks to fill my jugs.
Link Posted: 9/12/2021 5:47:14 PM EDT
[#10]
A lot of boat marinas also sell it.

Ethanol in a high-moisture environment (like a boat) is bad news.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 1:25:22 PM EDT
[#11]
It's been a couple years, not sure if they still have it.
I bought Ethanol-free premium at a gas station in Jonestown.

Jonestown is a SMALL town between Cedar Park and Lago Vista.... northwest of Austin
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 2:06:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I buy the 90 octane 0 ethanol from Buccee's and checked it myself. You can buy a little test jar on Amazon.

Attachment Attached File

Shell 93 premium with ethanol

Attachment Attached File

Buccee's 90 Ethanol free - this has been riding around in the cab of my truck for over a month in the heat too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 4:06:57 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
It's been a couple years, not sure if they still have it.
I bought Ethanol-free premium at a gas station in Jonestown.

Jonestown is a SMALL town between Cedar Park and Lago Vista.... northwest of Austin
View Quote

That station closed up a few years ago.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 3:18:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I live in NW Austin/Cedar Park and I had to drive to Buccee's in Bastrop to fill up my jerry cans with non-ethanol fuel.  I don't remember their highest octane level.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 4:02:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I live in NW Austin/Cedar Park and I had to drive to Buccee's in Bastrop to fill up my jerry cans with non-ethanol fuel.  I don't remember their highest octane level.
View Quote

The QT on 1431 in Round Rock has ethanol free gas, I think it is 88 octane.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:57:57 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

The Murphy gas stations at these Walmarts  -
- 1431 and Parmer
- 620 and 183
...they have regular gas that is ethanol free at premium gas prices.

I am not sure if the 1431/183 Walmart/Murphy gas station has ethanol free gas, though it probably does.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:55:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Also the Murphy’s (walmart gas) over near Hwy 45 and 183 had ethanol-free at some point, although it’s been a year or so since I stopped there.

Edit: Should have read one more post, already covered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top