Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 2/2/2020 8:36:05 AM EDT
February 16th thru 19th.
IM, or email me for location and questions.

I host a camping trip at my father's land not too far east of Austin a couple of times a year when I have time.

It's pretty secluded so it is primitive camping, there will be a designated area for a latrine and shower setup.

I will have a 175m steel range for rifle and pistol.We have the ability to run drills and shoot at night using night vision. I usually have a few friends show up and we always have a good time. Open carry is encouraged. 

I only have three rules. 

Safety safety safety. Observe all firearms safety rules. 

No drinking and handling firearms. The firearms get put away if we want to drink. 

Bring your own food and beverages or contribute to the fund. 

That's pretty much it.

Well, don't act like a jackass and respect my family's land, but that shouldn't need to be said, and I've never had an issue with anyone yet.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 10:50:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweet dude that’s awesome. I’m already going to the tiger valley event that weekend but would LOVE to tag along for the next event.

YOU ROCK and thank you for offering the opportunity!
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:31:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn. Was hoping to make this one and actually stay for shooting at night.
Have to be in Kansas City for work that week.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 11:31:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm interested.

I can't make the 16th to 19th, but tag. Hoping Austin Battle Buddies becomes a thing.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 12:13:32 PM EDT
[#4]
My apologies for the short notice but this kinda snuck up on me. I should have another break sometime in May and then maybe August.
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:02:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My apologies for the short notice but this kinda snuck up on me. I should have another break sometime in May and then maybe August.
View Quote
August maybe little to hot ??
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 6:50:13 PM EDT
[#6]
That sounds like fun
Link Posted: 2/2/2020 7:34:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Naaa we just set up in the shade bring more water and beer.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 9:40:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Are day trippers OK? I'm in Bastrop, but I work the 16 and 17.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 10:35:42 PM EDT
[#9]
I’d love to come up, but I have to be at a wedding that weekend. I’ll try to make the next one!
Link Posted: 2/5/2020 12:02:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Are day trippers OK? I'm in Bastrop, but I work the 16 and 17.
View Quote
@Deadtired

The 18th would be a perfect day to stop by.
Link Posted: 2/10/2020 9:50:09 PM EDT
[#11]
So far the weather is looking to mostly cooperate. Should be mostly cloudy with some chance of rain. Anyone that wants to come on out is welcome. Cellular signal sucks out there so I won't be checking Arfcom. If you wanna go, better get directions from me before the 14th.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 6:55:09 PM EDT
[#12]
My schedule has changed twice since this thread started.

I *might* be able to make it, at least for part of the time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 7:51:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
My schedule has changed twice since this thread started.

I *might* be able to make it, at least for part of the time.
View Quote
Well, that's what sick time is for.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 10:05:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Sounds fun, especially the night shooting but there is no way I can make the dates.

Yall have fun.
Link Posted: 2/12/2020 11:33:38 PM EDT
[#15]
There will be other opportunities throughout the year. I'm looking at end of may for the next one.
Link Posted: 2/15/2020 4:35:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Last chance for coordinates tomorrow morning 8am.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 2:38:34 AM EDT
[#17]
Hope everyone is having fun.

I hope to make the next one for sure.
Link Posted: 2/18/2020 10:32:45 AM EDT
[#18]
I thought I could get away, but during the week is almost impossible.
Link Posted: 2/19/2020 10:50:18 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I thought I could get away, but during the week is almost impossible.
View Quote
It's all good. We hung out, did some informal shooting, ran a few drills. Got my Perst-3 dialed in and my Macon Armory .45acp AR zeroed. Even got a chance to set off some tannerite.

I am looking at another trip sometime in mid to late May.

Unfortunately with my work and school schedule during the week is pretty much the only time I have. Before I started school for my bachelors, I was able to do a four day weekend trip in April and October. I only have one more year left, so things will get easier to plan out further in advance.

If we can get the Austin Area Battle Buddy more established, I will definitely put in for time off on the weekends to make this camping trip easier for more people to attend. If it garners enough attention, I will gladly host a camping trip at least twice a year.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top