Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/19/2020 7:13:57 AM EDT
Looking at getting in to riding in NE WI. I've looked at trail maps, but am struggling to figure out where trail heads/parking areas are. Right now I'm looking for oconto, shawano, and southern Marinette. Thanks if anyone can point me in the right direction.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 7:45:07 AM EDT
[#1]
A few I know of in Oconto county right on Hwy 32 are Suring, where the trail crosses 32. Lakewood by the intersection at cty. F in town. Wabeno, behind Krist Oil. Anywhere the trail crosses by a bar usually works also. Just a bit farther North East in Marinette county a person can park in Athelstane by the gas station, or bar in town. Silver Cliff (East of Lakewood) or up the road just a bit farther by the Northwoods bar which has very good reasonable food. The trail is the lifeblood for the economy up here in Marinette county and an hour North of GB puts you in the mecca for atv riding. Dunbar also has a huge parking area by the sportsmans club and the trail riding on DunGood trails is highly rated. Go to any of those spots jump on and you will figure out many other options. Every business with trail access will welcome customers and I think our trails up here in Northern Marinette are better than the ho hum old railroad bed trails.
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By dIIshoots:
A few I know of in Oconto county right on Hwy 32 are Suring, where the trail crosses 32. Lakewood by the intersection at cty. F in town. Wabeno, behind Krist Oil. Anywhere the trail crosses by a bar usually works also. Just a bit farther North East in Marinette county a person can park in Athelstane by the gas station, or bar in town. Silver Cliff (East of Lakewood) or up the road just a bit farther by the Northwoods bar which has very good reasonable food. The trail is the lifeblood for the economy up here in Marinette county and an hour North of GB puts you in the mecca for atv riding. Dunbar also has a huge parking area by the sportsmans club and the trail riding on DunGood trails is highly rated. Go to any of those spots jump on and you will figure out many other options. Every business with trail access will welcome customers and I think our trails up here in Northern Marinette are better than the ho hum old railroad bed trails.
View Quote

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 1:47:06 PM EDT
[#3]
There are lots of roads down here in the SW corner that are designated ATV roads. Used to see tons of Harleys down in new diggings on the weekends, but now it is probably 50% side by sides hanging out now. They even have poker runs in them now. Not much in the way of off road though.
Link Posted: 5/22/2020 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Download Polaris Ride Command App, it'll show trail heads and maps of trails.

Link Posted: 5/22/2020 2:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Download Polaris Ride Command App, it'll show trail heads and maps of trails.

View Quote

Thanks! I called oconto county too and they pointed out a parking area in gillett. Picking up a pioneer next week!
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 12:50:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There are lots of roads down here in the SW corner that are designated ATV roads. Used to see tons of Harleys down in new diggings on the weekends, but now it is probably 50% side by sides hanging out now. They even have poker runs in them now. Not much in the way of off road though.
View Quote

The Tri County Trails down in that area are awesome too. Old Railroad tracks they converted for ATVs. Runs from Monroe all the way up near Mineral Point and Belmont.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 7:00:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Alright, this is pretty fun! Did 50 miles today in no time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top