Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Link Posted: 8/22/2021 4:39:27 PM EDT
[#1]
I didn't see AG James in the pics, but she's mentioned in every other sentence for her part in taking guns off the streets ?
I guess she's taking over for the anti crime units they disbanded, except those units removed millions of guns off the streets over the years.
Maybe she'll remove all guns from NY after getting elected Gov ?
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 8:22:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Maybe she'll remove all guns from NY after getting elected Gov ?
View Quote
This would not surprise me regardless of how SCOTUS eventually rules in NYSRPA v Bruen. New York has a history of ignoring laws and rights it does not like and now that Biden has shown it is perfectly acceptable to ignore SCOTUS rulings as well, I fully expect New York to ignore an adverse (for the state) ruling in that case too. Plus with DOJ going after the Missouri 2A Sanctuary Law, we may wind up with a real mess simultaneously. If DOJ is successful, then there is the possibility of having states being forced to accept federal laws and rules BUT it also means congress can get away with all kinds of new restrictions since they have the NFA and power to tax. If DOJ loses, 2A and ICE sanctuaries, as well as state level marijuana legalization stay in place BUT I suspect states like New York will take it as sign they can tighten the screws on 2A rights with impunity.

Regardless, the next 10 months, until a SCOTUS ruling, are going to be very interesting indeed.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:55:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Utica is a stopping point, in the middle of the state, N/S & E/W. The weed comes from the north & flows south, the hard drugs tend to flow west out of NYC through the state. Those guns came from a small section in Utica called "corn hill"... They have been replaced from a fresh shipment by now, mark my words.
Link Posted: 8/23/2021 9:48:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn, I'll take the SA, the G19 and the antique maybe lever gun in the back.  Why do the non-working ones count?  Can I turn in an aluminum block?
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 9:35:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Utica is a stopping point, in the middle of the state, N/S & E/W. The weed comes from the north & flows south, the hard drugs tend to flow west out of NYC through the state. Those guns came from a small section in Utica called "corn hill"... They have been replaced from a fresh shipment by now, mark my words.
View Quote
I know a senior NYSP trooper who has to travel to Utica from time-to-time for conferences. He said he is glad he carries. Of course for the rest of us
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top