Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 7:58:00 PM EDT
[#1]
what a joke

The NRA’s decision to re-elect Wayne LaPierre and other top leaders yesterday despite the detailed evidence of repeated fraud and self-dealing we have laid out in our lawsuit and during the bankruptcy trial underscores that board governance is broken and that the rot runs deep at the NRA. For years, Mr. LaPierre and his lieutenants used the NRA and its donors as a breeding ground for personal gain and to live a lavish lifestyle, which is why they must be removed. Our fight for transparency and accountability will continue because no one is above the law.”
View Quote

So she going after every dumbacrap that's in office than..I see no difference in either the NRA board and every elected dumbacrap
Link Posted: 10/3/2021 8:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]
How did he get re-elected?
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:35:16 AM EDT
[#3]
44 board members voted for him, 2 didn't.  The rest didn't show up.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 7:44:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
44 board members voted for him, 2 didn't.  The rest didn't show up.
View Quote
Shocked... NOT!

It is almost as if they want to kill the NRA. I am not a fan at all of our AG but even a broken clock is right twice a day. Granted her motives are different but the goal of removing WLP, the crony leadership and board is the end goal that I can support. I didn't even bother wasting a stamp to vote in the NRA election this year because I did not see the point. They are 100% tone deaf and this is more proof. I would love to know where WLP is stashing all the bags of loot he will be walking away with.
Link Posted: 10/4/2021 3:24:14 PM EDT
[#5]

I'm really surprised, but then again not, especially having a little more inside baseball than average, and you my friend have been on both ends of the stick.....I would have thought given the press, pressure, membership feedback and everything else, he'd have stepped aside not double down.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 2:29:52 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I'm really surprised, but then again not, especially having a little more inside baseball than average, and you my friend have been on both ends of the stick.....I would have thought given the press, pressure, membership feedback and everything else, he'd have stepped aside not double down.  
View Quote

He’s got nowhere to go.  Without NRA, WLP is a nobody.  Just another useless political hack.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

He's got nowhere to go.  Without NRA, WLP is a nobody.  Just another useless political hack.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He's got nowhere to go.  Without NRA, WLP is a nobody.  Just another useless political hack.
I would add that as long as he is in charge, he can continue to keep a lid on things and try and run out the clock. If he steps down, the replacements would most likely fire up REAL investigations and might even turn him over to the "wolves". Has happened many times in other organizations. At this point he is between a rock and a hard place. As long as he stays put, he can keep pushing off the inevitable a while longer. If he is ousted now or resigns, he will be on a rocket sled to indictment and most likely prison.

The best the membership can do at this point is to simply stop giving money. That does nothing but feed the machine and is doing nothing to help the 2A cause. FPC and GOA are far more active right now. It does not mean they may not become corrupted some day but for now they are a lot more effective than the NRA.
Link Posted: 10/5/2021 11:00:42 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

He’s got nowhere to go.  Without NRA, WLP is a nobody.  Just another useless political hack.
View Quote

Quite so, one would think that most would retire and gtfo of politics/lobbying, but apparently there's this love of power and control....."nobody can do it better than I can" (at least in my own mind).  Perhaps that's why we have People in Office 50 years.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top