Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2018 2:20:18 PM EDT
Going to Maui Christmas - New Years. Want to shore fish for a GT. Any tips?  Best place to try? or who to contact once I get on Island for information..
Do I need a guide? I'm a very experienced angler and also very comfortable scrambling on rocks, boulders, etc.. not afraid of exposure so fishing from cliffs is not a problem.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Ok maybe GT (Giant Trevally) is too haole for the Hawaii HT forum. I'd like to try to fish for Ulua. Better?
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/11/2018 11:25:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We dont have much traffic in here, sorry.  What kind of fishing?  They are literally everywhere, so the area just depends on what kind of rig you're going to use.
View Quote
Sorry Ridewaves, I was out of pocket when you replied and forgot about this thread. I'm going to be on the West Side I think?? Shore bound. Bringing a 6-7000 series spinning reel and buying a rod out there. Will leave the rod w/ some kid on my last day. Just want to catch some native reef fish and really want to hang a GT. I'll be staying at a beach house in Kihei
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top