Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/24/2021 1:20:12 PM EDT
https://cdapress.com/news/2021/jul/24/brunner-fire-forces-evacuations/

We are just down the road from this. Anyone else close by or affected by the fire that needs any help?
Link Posted: 7/24/2021 10:48:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Dang. Hope they get it out quick. Im not much help way down here, but hopefully everyone gets out ok.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 12:20:13 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven’t heard who or what started that blaze....

There are a number of level lll
Fire restrictions/land closures up here now. Don’t do stupid stuff-please.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 3:11:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Guy up the road from me had a bonfire going friday. Neighbors called the FD. They rolled up with an engine and hosed down the whole place. Fined the guy something like $5000.

Rumors of people finding burning flares along the road too but you know how rumors are.
Link Posted: 7/26/2021 9:09:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Guy up the road from me had a bonfire going friday. Neighbors called the FD. They rolled up with an engine and hosed down the whole place. Fined the guy something like $5000.

Rumors of people finding burning flares along the road too but you know how rumors are.
View Quote

Heard that flare rumor too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2021 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Moron should have been jailed.

My place by StMaries is drier than a popcorn fart.
Link Posted: 7/28/2021 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Moron should have been jailed.

My place by StMaries is drier than a popcorn fart.
View Quote

I'm from St. Maries and was down there last week. You put some hot breath on the surrounding forests and the whole valley will vaporize.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 12:48:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

All those rumors, and not one picture to substantiate it.  The rumors of the gas cans found along the side of the road with a bundle of matches ready to be lit was spreading like...wildfire, for a time.  It still gets reposted and shared locally.
Link Posted: 7/29/2021 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Five air tankers working the fire by Priest River including a DC-10 tanker out of Moses Lake, WA.

Calling it the Pioneer Fire.
Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

All those rumors, and not one picture to substantiate it.  The rumors of the gas cans found along the side of the road with a bundle of matches ready to be lit was spreading like...wildfire, for a time.  It still gets reposted and shared locally.
View Quote

My neighbor actually found a lit flare on the side of the road today, stopped and got it snuffed out.

He called the police and they showed up, and apparently spent some time looking around, and said that they've had a bunch of others found over the last week.

My neighbor is a pilot and a pretty straight up guy, so I trust his word. He's never given me a reason to doubt anything he said.

Link Posted: 7/30/2021 11:29:31 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Five air tankers working the fire by Priest River including a DC-10 tanker out of Moses Lake, WA.

View Quote

This fire started on the hill 500 yards behind my brothers house yesterday. We went up and got him and some of his stuff out of the house and his business/shop.

He's a custom knife maker, and has multiple 40,000 machines, so we just had to leave everything that was heavy.

It was heartbreaking to leave everything that he's worked 20 years to put together, and to see how much it hurt him really messed with my head. I have a lot of respect for my brother, and how hard he's worked.

Now the good news for now is that the fire came within 30ft of his house and shop, and so far they've kept it from burning down.

I'm not sure how this will turn out, but there are a lot of good people up on that mountain, and it sucks to see how bad they're hurting right now.

The part that's pissing me off is seeing all these assholes from out of state blocking the roads to take pictures.

If anyone needs help just PM me and I can have my truck on the road in 15 minutes heading your way.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 9:58:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

This fire started on the hill 500 yards behind my brothers house yesterday. We went up and got him and some of his stuff out of the house and his business/shop.

He's a custom knife maker, and has multiple 40,000 machines, so we just had to leave everything that was heavy.

It was heartbreaking to leave everything that he's worked 20 years to put together, and to see how much it hurt him really messed with my head. I have a lot of respect for my brother, and how hard he's worked.

Now the good news for now is that the fire came within 30ft of his house and shop, and so far they've kept it from burning down.

I'm not sure how this will turn out, but there are a lot of good people up on that mountain, and it sucks to see how bad they're hurting right now.

The part that's pissing me off is seeing all these assholes from out of state blocking the roads to take pictures.

If anyone needs help just PM me and I can have my truck on the road in 15 minutes heading your way.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Glad to hear your brother and his business has survived. IM sent.
Link Posted: 7/31/2021 10:05:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

My neighbor actually found a lit flare on the side of the road today, stopped and got it snuffed out.

He called the police and they showed up, and apparently spent some time looking around, and said that they've had a bunch of others found over the last week.

My neighbor is a pilot and a pretty straight up guy, so I trust his word. He's never given me a reason to doubt anything he said.

View Quote

Is that something you could someone at gunpoint for here?
Link Posted: 8/1/2021 7:49:24 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
https://cdapress.com/news/2021/jul/24/brunner-fire-forces-evacuations/

We are just down the road from this. Anyone else close by or affected by the fire that needs any help?
View Quote

Damn dude, weren't you kinda close to the Eagle Creek fire a few years ago?

Hope you stay clear!
Link Posted: 8/4/2021 6:30:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Where was this at?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top