Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/13/2023 10:00:13 PM EDT
Who is gonna register their pistol braced weapon? My question would be, if it has a brace and we register it as an SBR can we put a stock on it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 10:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You should but knowing the money grubbing government they would want another $200.00’s.
Link Posted: 1/14/2023 6:58:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 10:08:25 PM EDT
[#3]
What LEO is going to enforce it?
Show me a cop that gives a crap.
and....from wiki.

"Do local police have the authority to enforce federal laws? No, they don't have the authority to enforce federal laws. In fact, if they do attempt to enforce federal laws, they can get in trouble with the federal courts."

If I had one, I wouldn't be worried.

Hell I was a Lexington in the afternoon a couple weeks ago and was the ONLY person NOT rocking full auto.
Glock switches and who knows what else. (I minded my own business)
It was...distracting.

Link Posted: 1/28/2023 5:46:09 PM EDT
[#4]
There's 7 or so county sheriff's saying they aren't going to enforce anything on the brace as long as they're not used in a crime etc.

I'm too cheap to buy one anyway and see no use in them, and I carry a gun in the work I do, course I practice enough to hit what I shoot at most often.
Link Posted: 1/29/2023 10:56:44 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There's 7 or so county sheriff's saying they aren't going to enforce anything on the brace as long as they're not used in a crime etc.

I'm too cheap to buy one anyway and see no use in them, and I carry a gun in the work I do, course I practice enough to hit what I shoot at most often.
View Quote

I agree and the few pistol braces I have shot were not comfortable. I’d rather pay the $200 and have a useable firearm. Plus my ex sheriff and current sheriff have AR pistols with braces. So we will see what they do. I kinda figure they will be a whole lot of boating accidents while duck hunting.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:15:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Normal SBR process:

Submit Form 1/4 --> wait --> get approved and receive stamp --> build or take possession of SBR

All (currently) legal and by the book according to NFA.

This "amnesty" crap?

Have possession of what ATF says is an illegal, unregistered SBR --> submit forms, photos, and other evidence of this crime --> receive "something" back from AFT saying you're OK now --> spend the next however many years waiting on the inevitable betrayal of the AFT and their attempt to come confiscate the weapon in question

You're admitting to a felony, and all of this process is only done according to this "rule", not a "law".

I have some NFA stuff. I'm already on "the list" but this is a hard pass for me. The other stuff I have was done according to the normal process, in which I'm not admitting to a felony. Of course, I still expect AFT thugs to come after my stuff someday too. You might have noticed this funny thing they do where they say something is legal and then "change their minds".
Link Posted: 5/26/2023 2:49:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Normal SBR process:

Submit Form 1/4 --> wait --> get approved and receive stamp --> build or take possession of SBR

All (currently) legal and by the book according to NFA.

This "amnesty" crap?

Have possession of what ATF says is an illegal, unregistered SBR --> submit forms, photos, and other evidence of this crime --> receive "something" back from AFT saying you're OK now --> spend the next however many years waiting on the inevitable betrayal of the AFT and their attempt to come confiscate the weapon in question

You're admitting to a felony, and all of this process is only done according to this "rule", not a "law".

I have some NFA stuff. I'm already on "the list" but this is a hard pass for me. The other stuff I have was done according to the normal process, in which I'm not admitting to a felony. Of course, I still expect AFT thugs to come after my stuff someday too. You might have noticed this funny thing they do where they say something is legal and then "change their minds".
View Quote

I wonder if the AFT would be dumb enough show up at the range in Lexington one fine Saturday and do a compliance inspection? Talk about a potential free for all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top