Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/12/2021 6:50:40 PM EDT
I would like to asphalt my gravel driveway.   I have not been able to get any response from any company.  This could be be 20ft wide 500 ft long.
I am in Dodge county.  Any suggestions?
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 6:36:11 AM EDT
[#1]
They will be booked for the summer at this point. You need to tell them when you call that you are interested on getting on next years schedule. You may get a response then.  DRS out of Madison may travel that far.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 1:46:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Be prepared, quote I got for 3600 sq ft(20x150 + a parking apron) was $14,500 , for removal and replacement
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 9:12:53 PM EDT
[#3]
What has irritated me the most is the lack of response.   I started in March with no replies.  I even tried the company the town was using for blacktopping.
Nothing.   I will see if anyone will put me on a waiting list for next year.
Link Posted: 7/13/2021 10:33:21 PM EDT
[#4]
I had the same experience trying to get someone to do some landscape work.  One was booked for the year, another 2 never returned my calls and another I called said he'd call back at the end of the week - after I 2 weeks I called back and he said oh sure, he got busy but would call back in a few days... nothing.  They're probably the ones pissing and moaning that they can't find any jobs.  Screw 'em, I'll do it myself.
Link Posted: 7/14/2021 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#5]
You could just go with compacted road base and call it good.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 11:17:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Driveway is crushed limestone 3/4" with fines.  There are areas that would be a lot better if it was paved.   Then there is muck season when the frost is coming out of the ground and everything is soft.
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 1:32:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Wolf Paving. They were responsive and price was good.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 3:44:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Why not do it with the tar/pea gravel instead of blacktop. Instead of seal coating blacktop, they just tar/pea gravel it again...seems like less of a pita.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 2:18:04 AM EDT
[#9]
had our place done by Mac Paving out of West Bend.
They were about 45 minutes away from us.

https://www.macpaving.com/

I would rate the quality as average. They had issues with a couple of areas.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 9:32:10 PM EDT
[#10]
I had one quote of $9k for the approach to the road and back about 50 ft x 15ft wide.   The rest was an additional $16k from my garage down to my shop.

I am also looking at concrete.
Link Posted: 9/24/2021 10:22:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Local landscaping contractor I drive dump truck for occasionally is booked up til next summer. Yes 2022, and what's left of that is filling in fast. He just shuts his phone off now so he can get work done. If you call several times and leave message he may think your serious or desperate and return the call.

Otherwise he doesn't have the help or time to get anything done. Wasting time giving out estimates isn't going to happen. Maybe late this fall once is gets cold. Be patient and persistent, this isn't Burger King. The days of contractors kissing your --- for work is over. Be prepared to pay up. Everyone is just throwing stupid prices out there and if it sticks maybe they'll work you in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top