Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/30/2021 2:31:38 PM EDT
Story here.  Apparently, Alexandria schools already did.  

I'm curious to see what the net effect will be.  I have a few friends left in the county with school aged children, and they've been complaining the public schools are too chaotic for a few years.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:13:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Too bad for the kids who want to learn, the thugs will get to disrupt class even more now.
Link Posted: 7/1/2021 6:30:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Story here.  Apparently, Alexandria schools already did.  

I'm curious to see what the net effect will be.  I have a few friends left in the county with school aged children, and they've been complaining the public schools are too chaotic for a few years.
View Quote

In Alexandria, the School Board researched it and decided to keep them. The progressive City Council did no research, talked to no one and arbitrarily decided to overrule the experts because they know better.

This is what happens when policymakers believe the narrative.
Link Posted: 7/2/2021 9:29:34 PM EDT
[#3]
There have been a few instances of school shootings stopped specifically by the SROs.

So expect one to happen eventually.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 12:57:21 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
There have been a few instances of school shootings stopped specifically by the SROs.

View Quote
The dipshits making these decisions will never be blamed.
They already have the scapegoats ready; guns and/or white supremacy.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 6:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely. I’m willing to bet Arlington PD could provide some examples of averting disaster.

But of course no one will blame the school board and they’ll ride the wave of blood to a re-election. Hyperbolic maybe but not untrue.
Link Posted: 7/3/2021 8:03:50 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Absolutely. I’m willing to bet Arlington PD could provide some examples of averting disaster.

But of course no one will blame the school board and they’ll ride the wave of blood to a re-election. Hyperbolic maybe but not untrue.
View Quote

The county gave the interim chief the top job last month.  There was a lot of noise about bringing in an outsider to shake things up, but apparently, there was pushback.  Penn (the new old guy) has been there for about 30 years and was pretty well liked per guys I used to know on their force.

Now however, I don't have a read on Arlington PD; everyone I knew there moved on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top