Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2018 4:20:26 PM EDT
I am going to be in Arkansas, the week between christmas and new years, for some green timber duck hunting.  Although I am going to be hunted the green timber, I really want to take one day and go shoot a trophy spoonie while I'm there for the wall.  Would anyone on this site be willing to trade a spoonie hunt for a couple cases of beer or something?

Wishful thinking here...  
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:09:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Where in Arkansas will you be?  Pretty sure spoonies are everywhere in the flyway and you have a pretty good shot at getting a drake almost every hunt.  We usually pass them by for mallards or other big ducks.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 3:05:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Where in Arkansas will you be?  Pretty sure spoonies are everywhere in the flyway and you have a pretty good shot at getting a drake almost every hunt.  We usually pass them by for mallards or other big ducks.
View Quote
We will be in the Stuttgart area more than likely, hunting the flooded timber.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 9:29:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I hunt ~60mi NNE of Stuttgart in mixed flooded timber and fields.  Pretty sure there will be spoonies all over there...if not maybe we can figure something out.
Link Posted: 10/24/2018 10:16:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I hunt ~60mi NNE of Stuttgart in mixed flooded timber and fields.  Pretty sure there will be spoonies all over there...if not maybe we can figure something out.
View Quote
Thanks!  I'll be in touch as it gets closer, see if something will work out.
Link Posted: 12/28/2018 11:14:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
JD,

Any chance of a spoonie hunt?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 1:54:16 PM EDT
[#6]
This season has been a bust so far - haven't killed a single bird yet.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2019 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Damn.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top