Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2019 3:13:12 AM EDT
I plan to attend the Jan. 20th rally in VA. I'll likely be flying out the 19th, staying somewhere overnight, heading to the rally then grabbing dinner/some beers afterward and heading home that night.

If anyone else attending wants to travel together or meet up shoot me an IM or post here.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 1:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I used to live in VA and was a proud VCDL member.  I frequently volunteered at their booth at gun shows, and warned people that that was what a California gun show looked like 25 years prior, and how things could change.

I hope Virginians have woken up, and will stay woken up.  And we Arizonans need to be awake and paying attention, too, because the same forces are coming here.

Are you an AZCDL member?
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 2:27:49 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I hope Virginians have woken up, and will stay woken up.  And we Arizonans need to be awake and paying attention, too, because the same forces are coming here.

Are you an AZCDL member?
View Quote
Joined AZCDL and VCDL tonight.

I left CT after their AWB but the reality is if we don't stop these laws from passing then it's only a matter of time before they try it in AZ.
Link Posted: 12/16/2019 9:01:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Bring pleanty of warm clothes and dress in layers as it will be cold there. I would also plan on plenty of extra time coming and going from downtown as it will be a very busy place.
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I used to live in VA and was a proud VCDL member.  I frequently volunteered at their booth at gun shows, and warned people that that was what a California gun show looked like 25 years prior, and how things could change.

Are you an AZCDL member?
View Quote
I am a life member. More people need to be supportive of AZCDL. They are the strength of this state when it comes to 2A. I wish more gun shops would push the AZCDL rather than the NRA. Lots of new and old gun owners dont even know who they are.
Link Posted: 1/9/2020 10:30:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I plan to attend the Jan. 20th rally in VA. I'll likely be flying out the 19th, staying somewhere overnight, heading to the rally then grabbing dinner/some beers afterward and heading home that night.

If anyone else attending wants to travel together or meet up shoot me an IM or post here.
View Quote
Will be attending 18-21 Jan.  Staying at the Berkeley
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:07:29 AM EDT
[#6]
I just got my plane tickets today and a rental car.  My wife has a friend in NC 2 1/2 hours from Richmond.

Leaving here on the 16th and returning on the 22nd.

I am going to join the VCDL before I leave.

I have never be east of the Mississippi.

Wish me luck finding my way.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:18:31 AM EDT
[#7]
What day are you heading up to Richmond?
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 12:34:11 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
I was thinking I would get a hotel closer to Richmond on Sunday and then drive in Monday morning.
Link Posted: 1/10/2020 4:28:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was thinking I would get a hotel closer to Richmond on Sunday and then drive in Monday morning.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
If you are planning on getting a hotel close to the Capitol building, you might be out of luck as a lot of them are booked, or have doubled in price.  If you haven't already check out this thread, it has a lot of great info for us out of state people.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/ARFCOM-out-of-state-volunteers-for-Richmond-VA-Lobby-Day-protest-stop-here-Update-2-07JAN2020-/5-2279713/?page=15
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:39:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

If you are planning on getting a hotel close to the Capitol building, you might be out of luck as a lot of them are booked, or have doubled in price.  If you haven't already check out this thread, it has a lot of great info for us out of state people.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/ARFCOM-out-of-state-volunteers-for-Richmond-VA-Lobby-Day-protest-stop-here-Update-2-07JAN2020-/5-2279713/?page=15
View Quote
Thanks for the helpful info.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 12:54:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Not a problem, I know the thread is a little long but read the whole thing and subscribe so it keeps you updated.  Working together as a group and safety in numbers is good for all of us.  Are you going to be able to make it to the dinner on Sunday?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:28:22 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not a problem, I know the thread is a little long but read the whole thing and subscribe so it keeps you updated.  Working together as a group and safety in numbers is good for all of us.  Are you going to be able to make it to the dinner on Sunday?
View Quote
My flight isn't landing until almost 2200 so unfortunately I won't be making the dinner.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:31:55 AM EDT
[#13]
I don't know if I will be able to make the dinner or not.

After I find a place to stay and find my way around, I'll figure it out from there.

EDIT: because I can't spell
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 1:41:01 AM EDT
[#14]
I would be booking a hotel right now.  Last I looked, most of the hotels right around the Capitol are booked, and the few that had rooms left are like $250+.  Check in the out of state thread, there are people staying at places farther away from the Capitol that are meeting up to carpool, uber etc., together.

I know a day or so ago, some people had extra rooms booked by the Capitol that they offered to transfer to other Arfcom people.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 2:30:13 AM EDT
[#15]
This was just posted by clffrdjk

I am sorry guys I won’t be going.
I have a room at the Omni through Expedia if someone wants it and it is possible to transfer let me know.
If there is someone leaving from WI I have 5 hand held radio sets (Chineseum UV-5Rs programmed) I will donate to the cause.
This is disappointing and embarrassing, again I am sorry I will not be there.
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 8:10:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My flight isn't landing until almost 2200 so unfortunately I won't be making the dinner.
View Quote
Are you landing on the 18th or 19th?
Link Posted: 1/11/2020 10:32:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I would be booking a hotel right now.  Last I looked, most of the hotels right around the Capitol are booked, and the few that had rooms left are like $250+.  Check in the out of state thread, there are people staying at places farther away from the Capitol that are meeting up to carpool, uber etc., together.

I know a day or so ago, some people had extra rooms booked by the Capitol that they offered to transfer to other Arfcom people.
View Quote
Thanks again for the info.

My wife is traveling with me, but I am going to leave her at a hotel farther away from the Capital area.

I wouldn’t mind hooking up with you two Arizonans if that would even be possible.  We could have a beer or a soda pop 2,000 miles from home.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:39:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Thanks again for the info.

My wife is traveling with me, but I am going to leave her at a hotel farther away from the Capital area.

I wouldn’t mind hooking up with you two Arizonans if that would even be possible.  We could have a beer or a soda pop 2,000 miles from home.
View Quote
I will be getting in late on the 18th, and walking around the area at my hotel a little on the 19th and going to the Arfcom dinner that night.  If you want to get together on the 19th, IM me your contact info and we can set something up.  If you want to join our group that is meeting on the 20th to walk to rally, you need to IM SixTigers also.  As I said before you need to read the entire thread for the out of state people and keep monitoring it up to the day of the rally. Parking on the 20th within walking distance of the Capitol is probably going to be impossible, or you might find a spot if you get there real early like 0500.  A lot of people have reserved parking already.  There are estimates of between 25-100 thousand people showing up for the rally, which would turn that area into a giant traffic jam with no one getting anywhere.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/ARFCOM-out-of-state-volunteers-for-Richmond-VA-Lobby-Day-protest-stop-here-Update-2-07JAN2020-/5-2279713/?page=25#i82919801
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:45:37 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote
19th
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 12:37:13 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
19th
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

19th
Landing on the 19th at 2200 and getting to the rally early the next morning is very impressive.  As I mentioned to livinfree, check that out of state thread so you can hook up with one of the groups that will be heading to the rally that day, parking etc.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:04:18 PM EDT
[#21]
IM Sent to NFA-Joe & HotDesert.
Link Posted: 1/12/2020 1:55:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks got it, sent you an IM
Link Posted: 1/13/2020 11:42:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/16/2020 6:29:12 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm stuck here, so I will donate cash to VCDL.
Link Posted: 2/4/2020 4:33:23 PM EDT
[#25]
Sorry I missed all the people from AZ at Lobby Day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top