Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2020 11:42:16 PM EDT
I edited the title to match what the thread has become.

Update Jan 11, 2021 10:58PM

Arfcom has already been shut down once.  There's no telling when AWS or one or all of our ISP's will try and kill it again.  We have to establish an off site comms method if we want to retain the connections we have here.  It's good to have solid 2A friends you can rely on if things get spicy both in your area and around the state.

We have to trust someone to be the keeper of contact info and unless someone else wants the job I'm nominating myself.  It requires trusting me but I don't see any other way and the likelihood of losing arfcom is pretty high at the rate things are going.  Besides being on arfcom for a long time I’m a Project Appleseed shoot boss and ran USPSA matches for almost 10 years with contact lists from both of those organizations and have managed to not screw up any of that.

Here's the info I'm asking everyone to share.  If you don't want to include your name (screen name at least) that's OK but your phone number will be used to establish a text group on one of the encrypted apps and email will be the non-secure back up.  I don't know if the text apps will work with a google voice number.  Location can be a city, county or metro area (or blank).

Please email it to me at [email protected] instead of using the site IM system.  They shut us down once and can do it again rendering the IM system useless.

Screen name:
Name:
Phone:
email:
County or city:
OK to share: (Yes or No)

I'll have the only master list access for now and can coordinate small regional group or large group email or encrypted text discussion on Signal or Telegram.  I have both apps on my phone and recommend getting both because different groups use each.  For those OK with sharing I can email a copy of the contact list to everyone if things are looking bad but don't know how to do that with any kind of security.  For now we'll settle for anonymous texts and you can trade info at meet and greets.

Having a group of capable and trusted people all over the state may come in handy.

I'm working on securing my Ham license and am hoping to start some radio comms sessions with anyone interested.  As we figure that out I'll share more info.

If you have another idea on how to do this that might work better I'm open to anything.

I'll send my info to anyone who sends me their info.

Thanks!

Check out the info below for links to the encrypted message apps and other good info.

Shit’s getting real.

If you value arfcom friendships or contacts get people’s real names and contact info and get together IRL.

Establish comms via Ham HF like Ben recommends in this thread.  
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/May-I-give-some-advice-/5-2411468/

Get with the American Pioneer Corps or American Contingency or both and similar community minded patriots for mutual defense and activism.

Create networks of real friends who you can rely on when called and establish other comms methods besides phones.

If you have like minded friends in church or other community groups get more serious about keeping in touch with them.  Those small groups of trusted friends will be invaluable.

If you’re a moody loaner with an assault rifle stop being a moody loaner, swallow your fear and make friends via competitive shooting, hiking, bowling or any other interest you care even a little about.

Signal and Telegram are great encrypted text apps that you should get but require cell service so killing the tower(s) that handle your neighborhood would kill your ability to use it.  As long as you have cell service they work great.

Get on this shit like your life depends on it.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/3/2021 3:10:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Thank all of you making the journey and effort to do DC. If you are a DJT supporter and believer but cannot make the DC trip, might consider Topeka. Gen. Flynn and Ann Vandersteel both have asked us to make it to our State capitols. Here is all the quasi official info i have run across. There is a fakebook link in the info but I left that for good months ago. I'll be going.  

https://www.wibw.com/2021/01/03/trump-rallies-are-planning-on-something-big-on-january-6th/
Link Posted: 1/5/2021 10:13:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's what our senator Jerry Moran had to say today.

To vote to reject these state-certified electoral votes would be to act outside the bounds of the Constitution, which I will not do.
View Quote

The reason a lot of other states senators are rejecting the electoral votes are because these other states acted outside the bounds of the Constitution by breaking their own election laws.

President Trump had every right under the Constitution to challenge the results of the election in the courts, and I publicly supported his right to do so given the allegations and reports of irregularities and fraud. But in every instance, the judgments were clear, and no judge or Supreme Court justice — including those appointed by President Trump — determined there was evidence sufficient to change the results of the election.
View Quote

Funny, I don't recall ANY judge or Supreme Court justice even looking at the evidence.

Link Posted: 1/6/2021 11:31:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I have a group leaving Sunday night/Monday morning Southeast Kansas for Harrisburg, PA where we have a place to crash and hang there for all day Tuesday then rolling by train or convoy to DC Early Wednesday depending on the situation.

We'll hook up with the rest of the arfcom crowd at Hancock Park in DC that morning at 0800-0900.  We have room for one or two others in our vehicles if you want to go but don't want to go alone.

LMK
View Quote

Hope you and your squad made it back out.  Report back and let us know.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 8:28:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Moran is a Swamp Rat Extraordinaire. At the Topeka rally, it was said he had aspirations to be gov. He had NO fans at the rally. He has sold his soul and will rot in hell
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:36:02 AM EDT
[#5]
If you value arfcom friendships or contacts get people’s real names and contact info and get together IRL.

Get with the American Pioneer Corps or another group of community minded patriots.
https://www.americanpioneercorps.org

Create networks of real friends who you can rely on when called and establish other comms methods besides phones.

If you have like minded friends in church or other community groups get more serious about keeping in touch with them.  Those small groups of trusted friends will be invaluable.

If you’re a moody loaner with an assault rifle stop being a moody loaner, swallow your fear and make friends via competitive shooting, hiking, bowling or any other interest you care even a little about.

Signal and Telegram are great encrypted text apps that you should get but require cell service so killing the tower(s) that handle your neighborhood would kill your ability to use it.  As long as you have cell service they work great.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 12:37:28 AM EDT
[#6]

Get with the American Pioneer Corps or another group of community minded patriots.
https://www.americanpioneercorps.org

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:48:41 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m @ing posters I can think of who’ve been in the Kansas forum and maybe saw this thread about a trip to DC.  Read the update at the top and decide how you want to move forward in the new world we’re facing.  I’m willing to share my info with any of you.  Just contact be by IM on here.  

If they’ll let me I’m going to change my screen name so don’t be surprised if this one disappears.  Probably shouldn’t have used my last name but I was a lot more naïve back then.

@watsamatau

@bc5000

@hollowpoint2003
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:50:56 PM EDT
[#8]
I’m @ing posters I can think of who’ve been in the Kansas forum and maybe saw this thread about a trip to DC.  Read the update at the top and decide how you want to move forward in the new world we’re facing.  I’m willing to share my info with any of you.  Just contact be by IM on here.  

@GFrancisco

@jhereg

@bowmanch
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]

@Dragracer

@BlueMax76

@Red-Stater
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:53:01 PM EDT
[#10]

@Andouille

@waynelte
@KingAirDriver
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:54:59 PM EDT
[#11]

@farmer-dave

@abnk

@MatthewTL
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:55:59 PM EDT
[#12]

@kc215

@mr_o

@CreekRat66
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:56:43 PM EDT
[#13]

@Austin1911

@Triskaidekamaniac

@67Chevelle
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:57:18 PM EDT
[#14]

@KC-ROUGHNECK

@LIVIDDEVIL

@B-Side
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#15]

@jb31

@Shootindave

@thylaughingman
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:58:27 PM EDT
[#16]

@CPTCARL

@fssf158

@Kevv
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:58:56 PM EDT
[#17]

@phlat

@maxima2

@HighPlains1911
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 1:59:19 PM EDT
[#18]

@bigbryce31186
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:06:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

@kc215

@mr_o

@CreekRat66
View Quote

Johnson County with Miami County roots checking in. I'm a part of American Contingency and am vetted through their process. I'm also a member of a couple AC locals group. Currently GMRS licensed with some equipment. I'll gather the KS group names and post them here as there have been a couple meet ups already in case anyone else is on AC but not aware of those groups and wish to join. I think we should not exchange real names but keep monikers; can't be forced to id you if I really don't know who you are.

Guess it's time to get more active.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Thank you for tagging me, but I'm not in Kansas.  Your posts are consistently solid and, clearly, your actions match your words.  I like what you're doing with this thread.  My next five decades of the Rosary will be for the success for your efforts.  May God's blessing remain with you all and with your families.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:40:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Moved to KS about 2 years ago and have been busy with a new job and a new child so I have not had much time to establish good friendships or a network of reliable like minded people.

I’m a neophyte by arfcom prepping standards but I don’t want the left’s efforts to isolate us and cut us off to work. I agree that real in person groups are a good old fashioned way of circumventing the censorship etc.

Anyone can PM me about potentially getting together or swapping contact info.

Link Posted: 1/9/2021 2:49:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Thank you for tagging me, but I'm not in Kansas.  Your posts are consistently solid and, clearly, your actions match your words.  I like what you're doing with this thread.  My next five decades of the Rosary will be for the success for your efforts.  May God's blessing remain with you all and with your families.
View Quote

Thank you my friend!  I saw your post a while ago asking about moving so figured I'd hit you up too!

May God bless us all.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 3:17:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Johnson County with Miami County roots checking in. I'm a part of American Contingency and am vetted through their process. I'm also a member of a couple AC locals group. Currently GMRS licensed with some equipment. I'll gather the KS group names and post them here as there have been a couple meet ups already in case anyone else is on AC but not aware of those groups and wish to join. I think we should not exchange real names but keep monikers; can't be forced to id you if I really don't know who you are.

Guess it's time to get more active.
View Quote

Thank you!

I'm going to add American Contingency to the list above as a networking organization for community defense and activism.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 4:18:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Thanks for the @! I think getting to know each other better is a great idea right now. I'm in Wabaunsee county. If anyone wants to meetup or just share contact info, feel free to IM me!
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:17:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Thanks for tagging me. I will read when I'm off of work. I would like to link this on the Missouri forum of that's ok. Already working on APC in MO and got on AmCon as well.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Thanks for tagging me. I will read when I'm off of work. I would like to link this on the Missouri forum of that's ok. Already working on APC in MO and got on AmCon as well.
View Quote

Absolutely share it!

I think we're gonna need some serious networks we can rely on.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 7:17:52 PM EDT
[#27]
Salina area checking in.  We are going to have to build new communication lines to stay informed and connected.  Will be checking Hometown more often.  Thanks for the @.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I never get tagged for anything

I’m in Sedgwick county too, feel free to email me if you want to meet up.
View Quote

@Norinco982lover

We have quite a few members in Sedgwick county so you should be able to all make some connections.
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 11:19:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m in Chautauqua/ Montgomery counties, way out in the country. We have an 8,000 acre cattle ranch, and all patriots are welcome.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:27:13 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Absolutely share it!

View Quote

Also, I'm a moody loaner who will socialize from time to time and I refuse to change

I will be sharing this thread. Thank you Lomshek!
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:44:19 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Also, I'm a moody loaner who will socialize from time to time and I refuse to change

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Absolutely share it!

Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:53:03 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I never get tagged for anything

I’m in Sedgwick county too, feel free to email me if you want to meet up.
View Quote

@Norinco982lover

If memory serves, you were a moderator on KSCCW, right?
I’m in Sedgwick co as well.  Shoot me a PM if you’d like
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 2:16:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:16:04 AM EDT
[#35]
Shootindave checking in. Kansas City Metro.

It would be cool to get an email chain going or start a GroupMe or similar App in order to maintain communications off ARFCOM if needed.

Could also discuss radio com frequencies, and regional meet ups.

I will be at a shooting range south of Olathe tomorrow morning if anyone is in the area, I will try to check my Arfcom messages or try to email me. The emails dont always go through though.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:53:08 AM EDT
[#36]
@Lomshek

Just saw the mention.  I’ll reach out soon.

To all...especially the familiar handles from KSCCW...I hope this gets us all into gear.  I’ve said it before, but despite the bickering and nonsense that occurred on local forums, that place was a community.  If hometown can get more active (assuming arfcom stays up), it’ll be better for us all.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:25:02 AM EDT
[#37]
New transplant. Just relocated from N. Idaho.

In SE KS.

If anyone is fairly local, i would love to get together and have a bite to eat together or something to break the ice.

I also make custom Kydex one off goodies.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 10:49:43 AM EDT
[#38]
I'm in Sedgwick County now, but moving to Saline County in the next month or two.  Would be great to meet some of our members sometime.  
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 12:54:23 PM EDT
[#39]
Yes! Thanks for @ me, I appreciate it. Central Kansas checking in. Marion to be exact.  Born Kansan, former LEO and Air Force NG.  Let's get this going.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 1:25:12 PM EDT
[#40]
Wichita area checking in. Should organize a get together.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:30:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Wichita area checking in. Should organize a get together.
View Quote

Ditto.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 3:50:43 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I'm @ing posters I can think of who've been in the Kansas forum and maybe saw this thread about a trip to DC.  Read the update at the top and decide how you want to move forward in the new world we're facing.  I'm willing to share my info with any of you.  Just contact be by IM on here.  

@kc215

@mr_o

@CreekRat66
View Quote
Thanks.  I've been in your store a few times.  I'll introduce myself next time I stop by.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:35:16 PM EDT
[#43]
Overland Park, KS checking in here...

Would love to get together with some locals. Wife and I are a little late to the party when it comes to gearing up for the end....but we are stocked up full of guns, ammo, and reloading components.....
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Shootindave checking in. Kansas City Metro.

It would be cool to get an email chain going or start a GroupMe or similar App in order to maintain communications off ARFCOM if needed.

Could also discuss radio com frequencies, and regional meet ups.

I will be at a shooting range south of Olathe tomorrow morning if anyone is in the area, I will try to check my Arfcom messages or try to email me. The emails dont always go through though.
View Quote

This would be good.  Radio for sure.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 4:55:19 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

This would be good.  Radio for sure.
View Quote

I agree about radios.  I would like to find out what most have so I don't go off spending lots of bucks on the wrong stuff.  Ham for sure (Baofeng) and maybe MURS.  I do have an old CB mobile and base but don't know if they still work.  BUT, we do need a way to communicate and spread ANY news to one another.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 5:10:17 PM EDT
[#46]
I picked up 4 of the Baufeng radios as it seems like the best bang for the buck, and many use them.
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 6:28:01 PM EDT
[#47]
I have baofengs as well, and know how to use them decently
Link Posted: 1/10/2021 8:43:22 PM EDT
[#48]
In, somewhat SW joco
Was looking at the HF thread and looking at stuff
Any experience with associated r@di0 in OP?
I need to go back and check old messages for other contacts to @.  

Thx OP.  I’ve followed some of the mohtf APC stuff.  Need some good hiking boots.  I’ll look up the Amcon stuff, as well.
Email on way op
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 2:39:45 AM EDT
[#49]
I will try and remember to pop in here more often and update at least the KC area guys on APC stuff. Possibly a night hike tomorrow night, super late notice. I thought of it a few hours ago . We have talked about doing a land nav course. I don't know if KS has anything like that or not.
Link Posted: 1/11/2021 9:14:37 AM EDT
[#50]
Just say my mention and am checking in.  Now that the karens in my cub scout pack have forced me to resign from cub master, I suddenly have more time on my hands.

Olathe local.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top