Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2023 4:06:51 PM EDT
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 4:21:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, badly. Our valuation came in at a 67% increase. We are going to be petitioning that.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 5:49:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Yep. We appealed, but even then it's still going to be a much higher valuation.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 6:22:55 PM EDT
[#3]
To understand what is happening, please go here and start watching the videos as you have time.

Be aware there there is no need to "backfill" education with TABOR refunds if property tax increases were reduced as Polis and pals are suggesting. Property taxes are increasing higher than the inflation experienced, so schools aren't getting a haircut.  They'd be getting slightly less of a huge bonus, which is a big bonus.  That difference in the increase is what the bastards are saying needs to be "backfilled."  Regardless, bend over and smile like a donut.  The voters and legislature got us and themselves what they deserve.
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#4]
We got a notice from our mortgage company a few weeks back that our monthly payment was going up over $300 to cover "tax and insurance" increases.

Today we got a notice from the county our valuation is going up around 40%.

All the asshats from CA and NY will still feel good because there house is clearly a good investment. And won't somone think of the children, surely the gov knows how to spend our money better than us.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:18:27 AM EDT
[#5]
According to the assessment that arrived yesterday my property value has increased 87%.

San Francisco cock suckers

(Actually 88% but this is ARFCOM)
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 9:19:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
To understand what is happening, please go here and start watching the videos as you have time.

Be aware there there is no need to "backfill" education with TABOR refunds if property tax increases were reduced as Polis and pals are suggesting. Property taxes are increasing higher than the inflation experienced, so schools aren't getting a haircut.  They'd be getting slightly less of a huge bonus, which is a big bonus.  That difference in the increase is what the bastards are saying needs to be "backfilled."  Regardless, bend over and smile like a donut.  The voters and legislature got us and themselves what they deserve.
View Quote

I knew when TABOR passed they’d find a way to get that cash back.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 10:35:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn’t another TABOR distribution scheduled for 2024?
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 12:50:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Isn’t another TABOR distribution scheduled for 2024?
View Quote

Not if the Dems get their way. They don't even need to bribe the morons any more.

The hikes are rooted in nixing the Gallagher amendment a few years back. Now the Dems have introduced a new bill to save us by "lower" property taxs (that just happens to stop tabor refunds). The same voters that approved the tax hike will approve its "fix" and throw more of tabor under the bus.

At this point cattle cars are superfluous, just have eco friendly electric ubers and they will transport themselves.
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 2:05:57 PM EDT
[#9]
My house is now supposedly worth ~seven times what I paid for it.  
Link Posted: 5/3/2023 11:36:34 PM EDT
[#11]
57.4% Northwest El Paso county.
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#12]
A few years back the county jacked up the property taxes after the voters rejected a tax increase.  That's how the sheriff's department went from 12 sworn to about 18 (or so).
Link Posted: 5/4/2023 9:09:30 PM EDT
[#13]
Got my letter today.

No home with my plan sold for what they claimed mine is worth in the last 3 years... or ever. I'd LMFAO if these people weren't evil.

46%

I will fight it and win (or lose less badly).
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 1:36:33 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm in the county just outside of Colorado Springs city limits.  

My property value increased 42%, my taxes increased 45%.

How are they coming up with the property value?  The county's estimate is way above Zillow's estimate.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine (off Marksheffel) is pretty accurate
My buddy off Dublin’s is spot on
My buddy in woodman hills (Falcon) is spot on
A buddy in security MIGHT be high…
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:55:34 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm in the county just outside of Colorado Springs city limits.  

My property value increased 42%, my taxes increased 45%.

How are they coming up with the property value?  The county's estimate is way above Zillow's estimate.
View Quote

That’s close to what mine did on the western slope
Link Posted: 5/6/2023 10:52:37 AM EDT
[#17]
I was just going to post this same topic.

Assessment up 45.6%    El Paso County

I think they wrote down the numbers at the peak of crazy prices.
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 7:37:15 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Mine (off Marksheffel) is pretty accurate
My buddy off Dublin’s is spot on
My buddy in woodman hills (Falcon) is spot on
A buddy in security MIGHT be high…
View Quote

Zillow numbers or ?

46% increase in valuation from last year and taxes up 50% - in COS
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 8:56:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Zillow numbers or ?

View Quote

Kinda sorta ish
Buddy is a realtor
Specific to my neighborhood I’m very confident in the numbers based upon comps, houses currently for sale, and my property in comparison
Link Posted: 5/8/2023 9:59:06 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Kinda sorta ish
Buddy is a realtor
Specific to my neighborhood I’m very confident in the numbers based upon comps, houses currently for sale, and my property in comparison
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zillow numbers or ?

Kinda sorta ish
Buddy is a realtor

Zillow is about $60k lower than the county's number in my case.
Link Posted: 5/9/2023 10:25:44 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not sure where the assessor is getting his #s. Like I said no house with my floorplan in my neighborhood has ever sold for what he claims my house is worth.  My house is also half gutted and needs a new roof.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 1:13:51 AM EDT
[#22]
No way mine is even close.

No way.
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 9:04:32 AM EDT
[#23]
Not sure if I should appeal; we expected a jump from the low basis after we purchased in early 2021 (previous owners where there over 20 years) - northern El Paso.  Assessors current value is less than $3k more than our purchase price, which was quite a bit higher than the previous sale based on time alone.  Based on comps/square footage, I'm sure it's currently worth more than that given sales in the last three months.  Tax bill jumped 45% tho...
Link Posted: 5/18/2023 10:37:51 AM EDT
[#24]
Someone's gotta pay for the Rook.
Link Posted: 6/10/2023 11:07:45 AM EDT
[#25]
More Clown World.  Do not vote for HH if it makes it to the ballot.  Let me know if you need it explained to you why not.  

https://coloradosun.com/2023/06/09/proposition-hh-property-tax-lawsuit-outcome-colorado/
Link Posted: 7/3/2023 9:56:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Zillow is about $60k lower than the county's number in my case.
View Quote

For me the county assessment is about $40k more than zillow,  they just denied my appeal as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top