Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/10/2018 2:27:20 PM EDT
https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Anyone-seen-this-MEAN-Arms-9mm-adpater-/15-728601/

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/New-9mm-p-mag-conversion-/5-2126745/

Californians can't buy anything but the 10 round model, so not much use in finangling it into their legacy GI mags.

Are y'all allowed to buy the 30 round mag adapter, and if it would fit, stuff it into a pre-ban GI Mag?

@RIP-Yataski
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 3:21:30 PM EDT
[#1]
One note: These 9mm adapters are manufactured & shipped to allow only 10 rounds to be loaded. They are designed so that they can be modified by the user to increase capacity by cutting/clipping a piece of the 'tail' off which would allow the follower to travel further and hold more rounds.

Hope that makes sense. The image in the OP has had this 'tail' cut off already. IIRC, there is a manufacturer's video at one of those links in the OP.

These look to be a viable option to get into a 9mm PCC without having to use a dedicated 9mm lower or a magwell adapter like the one made by Stern Defense...
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:24:24 PM EDT
[#2]
That's cool.  I'd imagine the kits are less than $150-200 folks are asking for 33rnd Glock PBs...lol.  And the bolt catch is in the mag?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 7:53:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's cool.  I'd imagine the kits are less than $150-200 folks are asking for 33rnd Glock PBs...lol.  And the bolt catch is in the mag?
View Quote
Yes.  Standard bolt catch.

Could y'all put 30 rounds of 9x19mm into a pre-ban mag?
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Per their website the insert/adapter is for Gen 2 and Gen 3 PMAGs, so no-go in MA.

If they had one for standard aluminum magazines, and it wouldn't function as a magazine on its own it would be good to go in a pre-ban body.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:41:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:. Per their website the insert/adapter is for Gen 2 and Gen 3 PMAGs, so no-go in MA.

If they had one for standard aluminum magazines, and it wouldn't function as a magazine on its own it would be good to go in a pre-ban body.
View Quote
Yataski has sent me one, and if it's useful to y'all, I'll try to cram it in an aluminum mag.  If not, I'll just mail it back.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 8:36:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Yataski has sent me one, and if it's useful to y'all, I'll try to cram it in an aluminum mag.  If not, I'll just mail it back.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:. Per their website the insert/adapter is for Gen 2 and Gen 3 PMAGs, so no-go in MA.

I got one to fit a hexmag. I bet you can get one to fit a standard mag ...
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 12:52:03 PM EDT
[#7]
1991 mag acquired yesterday at the show.
Link Posted: 10/16/2018 9:14:30 PM EDT
[#8]
Package received.  Experimentation starts next week.

ETA:  RIP, the one you experimented w/ still fits fine in a Gen 2 Magpul.  I guess I should use the propane torch before I bend the bottom tabs out on the '91 GI mag?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 8:27:23 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Package received.  Experimentation starts next week.

ETA:  RIP, the one you experimented w/ still fits fine in a Gen 2 Magpul.  I guess I should use the propane torch before I bend the bottom tabs out on the '91 GI mag?
View Quote
That's good to know as it was modified to fit a hexmag.

Regarding the GI: Don't know? Are those tabs in danger of breaking of no heat is used? Suppose that would help to answer the question.

@backbencher
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:37:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Other than snagging a pre ban and test fitting your modded one into a Gen 2 Magpul, I've not done anything before I had to leave town.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top