Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/2/2018 6:17:41 PM EDT
I didn’t want to hijack the other thread about the armorers course but I did have a question.

Based on the post by the person advertising the class, I’m assuming they can’t open it up to non L.E. because of education possibly about full auto. It would be great to get a class somewhere in central MA so everyone can attend.

Are there any actual laws stating that non L.E. can’t learn about AR’s? Even if you know how to make a full auto doesn’t mean anything unless you actually make a rifle full auto.

I’ve never looked into it but I’ve also never heard of anything preventing it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 7:32:11 PM EDT
[#1]
@LenS might know.
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:18:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2018 8:23:19 PM EDT
[#3]
My expertise in NFA is very limited but I do not think that LEOs can mfr full-auto guns legally either. Departments may purchase post-1986 full-auto guns but TTBOMK they must be mfd by a legit mfr (07 FFL).

That said, there is NO exemption for NRs to bring any post-9/13/1994 "AWs" (evil features) or newer large-capacity mags into MA for any reason . . . unless those bringing them in are LEOs.

This limits things so that MA is undesirable as a venue for classes and limits what students can legally bring in as well. That said, we all know that people regularly ignore that law and if they are teaching at a PD nobody there is going to hassle the visiting instructors either.

I suggest trying to organize that type training in Free America such as NH where no such impediments exist.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 10:53:05 PM EDT
[#4]
edit
Link Posted: 8/25/2018 11:34:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Based on the fact that I.C.E. Training (Rob Pincus' company) is hosting a 1-day defensive carbine class in Boylston on Sept. 11th, I would say there's not any kind of prohibition regarding such classes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top