Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2020 8:59:11 AM EDT
Anyone have any info or tips for the show in July?  
Airshow link

C17, F22 and F35 Demo team on the slate.   I am thinking hard about heading up and taking nephews and possibly brother for a week.

cross posted from Aviation forum.
Thanks

Link Posted: 4/30/2020 7:52:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Anyone have any info or tips for the show in July?  
Airshow link

C17, F22 and F35 Demo team on the slate.   I am thinking hard about heading up and taking nephews and possibly brother for a week.

cross posted from Aviation forum.
Thanks

View Quote
How do you know F35s will be there? It only shows C130s , F22s and Thunderbirds on the website.
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Milavia website calendar page shows it  Milavia

backed up by 2020 ACC CONSOLIDATED SCHEDULE
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 11:53:54 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, what information are you after?
Link Posted: 5/1/2020 9:47:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks, what information are you after?
View Quote
Any tips on lodging?  Downtown rooms seem to be $200 and up a night.    Tips on access to the base parking?  

Side trips for fishing, bear viewing?    

Always good to hear from those local or frequent attendee.  Never know what may get shared.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 5/2/2020 12:15:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Any tips on lodging?  Downtown rooms seem to be $200 and up a night.    Tips on access to the base parking?  

Side trips for fishing, bear viewing?    

Always good to hear from those local or frequent attendee.  Never know what may get shared.

Thanks.
View Quote
Going by memory so bare with me. We only get an air show in Anchorage every other year. Access will be through one gate IIRC it is the main access gate on a street called Debarr. It was very guided by the AF guys we ended up parking on the grass somewhere. Last time they even had a beer stand there. I couldn't resist it just seemed so forbidden under normal circumstances so I had a couple. Last time wagons were forbidden but noone seemed to give a shit. My wife and I followed the rules and were disappointed to see they didn't give a damn anyways. We had a 4 year old with us that could have used a nap wagon. They hand out ear plugs. Last time they had a small arms display that I had somehow missed until it was the end of the show my father and I saw it as we were leaving. He said "hey there's your booth right there how did we miss it?"

Can't help too much with lodging I don't hotel much near my home. Last time I did a hotel in Anchorage, was a small 3 day honeymoon suite after we got married. I think that was about 4 years ago. I don't remember which hotel that was.
Link Posted: 5/4/2020 6:38:48 AM EDT
[#6]
try the microtel in Eagle River. Rates are decent and it’s a decent place if you’re looking to just have a place to sleep. Also check out the AirBnBs. Eagle River is only like 15 mins from the gate.
Link Posted: 5/17/2020 7:34:55 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
try the microtel in Eagle River. Rates are decent and it's a decent place if you're looking to just have a place to sleep. Also check out the AirBnBs. Eagle River is only like 15 mins from the gate.
View Quote
this, main gate is Boniface exit

not sure with this virus shit how any travel is even possible, maybe call Rusts flying service and see if anyone is still in business by July
Link Posted: 5/18/2020 12:09:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
this, main gate is Boniface exit

not sure with this virus shit how any travel is even possible, maybe call Rusts flying service and see if anyone is still in business by July
View Quote
Thanks, I am being optimistic that by then the silliness will have ebbed away.  I am definitely checking the Rusts website looking at options.  I am really wanting to go see Griz feeding in the rivers, am I on the right track that is possible?   I have my air, bed and car booked so I am coming, even if i just do car trips around the area.  I was in Anchorage ~20 years ago and loved it.
Link Posted: 6/5/2020 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like they canceled it.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Well. that sucks.  Still going to fly up and have as good of a time as I can...
Link Posted: 6/7/2020 8:44:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looks like they canceled it.
View Quote
We all knew it was coming.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top