Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/11/2021 6:59:13 PM EDT
I'm looking for an Architect in the Summit, NJ area. I live in the surrounding area, started a kitchen renovation and need to replace some beams and joists that are damaged.

Anyone interested or know someone?
Link Posted: 11/12/2021 8:54:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Here is the project!  Never seen anything this bad before.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 11/13/2021 9:24:41 AM EDT
[#2]
I know an architect in Westfield, he did Hilltop Bicycles in Summit. I know him from riding bikes.
Link Posted: 11/13/2021 5:45:45 PM EDT
[#3]
Something called "the internet" should more than suffice.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 7:35:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

pretty sure the OP was looking for a referral on an architect someone here knows, or has used.

not some random jackass off said internet.
Link Posted: 11/14/2021 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#5]
I wish him the best of luck.

eta: I am not an engineer in order to tell that support beam is in dire need of lolly columns.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:42:55 PM EDT
[#6]
It gets better. That beam is 2 2x4's nailed on top of each other. There was 3 ceilings we took out. I thought i was going to invest a little sweat equity rip out 100years of BS and clean everything up and now I need 3 beams from what I can tell.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:44:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I know an architect in Westfield, he did Hilltop Bicycles in Summit. I know him from riding bikes.
View Quote
What's his contact info. I'd like to get a couple quotes.
Link Posted: 11/16/2021 7:47:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

pretty sure the OP was looking for a referral on an architect someone here knows, or has used.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Was def looking for a referral. or better an actual arfcomer. i'd like to keep my money amongst Friendly's.
Link Posted: 11/17/2021 11:20:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Was def looking for a referral. or better an actual arfcomer. i'd like to keep my money amongst Friendly's.
View Quote

My architect acquaintance is pretty far left.
Link Posted: 11/21/2021 3:15:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top